This Is Why We Always Book Last Minute And Lowest Category

Misty Morning

Just booked our March 7th Yachtsman Caribbean cruise. We went for cheapest Guaranteed Room and got upgraded to AX stateroom or a 2 category upgrade (a $400 p.p. difference).  This is the 4th time we successfully do this.  With WindstarWizard tool, it is much easier to do this as you can follow room availability almost live.

14 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

Just booked our March 7th Yachtsman Caribbean cruise. We went for cheapest Guaranteed Room and got upgraded to AX stateroom or a 2 category upgrade (a $400 p.p. difference).  This is the 4th time we successfully do this.  With WindstarWizard tool, it is much easier to do this as you can follow room availability almost live.

What is that?....Since I posted I found the answer.  Thanks

Edited by cruisencrazy
found out the answer

It’s a website developed by a cc member that shows cabin availability and pricing almost live for all cruises.  You can go to an earlier thread called “Any Website For Checking Cabin Availabilty” where you will find the link which I have attached

https://www.windstarwizard.com/

Happy cruise shopping

So, I'm too much of a control-freak to be comfortable with this.  I'm rather freaked out about cabin position on my upcoming cruise simply because it is nowhere near my (previously booked on the canceled cruise) preferred cabin location. But I read this article and it looks like you really lucked out in that you know now, rather than on day of sailing what you'll be getting. Day of sailing is 'when you'll know' according to the article. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=337

16 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

We also booked a BX for this cruise and received an upgrade to TX two weeks after. I suppose they want to have inventory in the lower prices staterooms. Why else?

19 hours ago, CanadianKate said:

So, I'm too much of a control-freak to be comfortable with this.  I'm rather freaked out about cabin position on my upcoming cruise simply because it is nowhere near my (previously booked on the canceled cruise) preferred cabin location. But I read this article and it looks like you really lucked out in that you know now, rather than on day of sailing what you'll be getting. Day of sailing is 'when you'll know' according to the article. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=337

Well, that article is inaccurate on both lines where I've booked guarantee cabins so I'd take the line specific info with a grain of salt. We and our friends booked guarantee cabins on Crystal because they were at a lower price but the article says that line doesn't give a lower price for guarantees. 

We booked a guarantee on Windstar for our Feb 1 cruise on Windstar and our booking had a cabin assigned when I checked a couple of weeks ago. The cruise was almost fully booked at that point. We ended up with a TX, but would have been okay with any cabin.