Coastal Kitchen questions

BeachChik

So we will be in a Junior Suite on our next cruise. It’s my understanding that if there is openings we would be able to have dinner in the coastal kitchen but I have a few questions. 

We are traveling with two kids, 3 and 6, are kids allowed in? 
Is the dress code the same as the MDR?

Would we tip these servers separately or are they part of auto gratuity?

I have been twice in a junior suite. I was only an emerald tier at the time. Never have I seen anyone not be able to get a reservation even when there were a large number of top tier members on board. As suggested, I would try to make my reservations the first day. Dress code is the same as in the MDR. Children are welcome. I usually see them earlier in the evening and many times they sit toward the back in the booth section which allows a more family friendly dinner. The waiters are great with families and they are part of the tipping pool, but you will most likely feel after you are well pampered ( and you will be), that you might want to tip them a little extra.  Your call, it's not required. Have a wonderful vacation.

I have never been in CK when it has been full, but it will be a good idea to make reservations if you want a set time. I have also seen kids in there, no issues. The dress code is same, usually a nicer casual. As for tipping, it is all included. 

• Like 1

I always tip additional to our servers in the Coastal Kitchen. They are very attentive, they work hard. These waiters are the cream of the crop and have earned the right to work at the suite restaurants by virtue of this hard work. So an extra tip is something they deserve and I am happy to give. 

Jonathan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiserking said:

I always tip additional to our servers in the Coastal Kitchen. They are very attentive, they work hard. These waiters are the cream of the crop and have earned the right to work at the suite restaurants by virtue of this hard work. So an extra tip is something they deserve and I am happy to give. 

Jonathan

I agree with you Jonathan.  When on Harmony in November the 10 of us gave an additional tip each time we ate in CK whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner.  We gave $5 per person each night we had dinner so maybe that is the reason they were so anxious for us to arrive and always had our table for 10 waiting.

Grace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, cruiserking said:

Jonathan

Guess you never experienced Igor on Oasis of the Seas.... looked for any reason not to work. i still tipped him only because he made me and my wife laugh watching him 

• Haha 1