Manhattan Cruise Terminal Give me the least painful way to arrive and depart from this port?

Jimbo

7 hours ago, phillyguy31 said:

We live in the  Philadelphia area and still use the Hilton Garden inn for several reasons. For less than the cost for parking you don't have to worry about making the ship. The Jersey Turnpike can be unpredictable and of course you could have car problems the day of. Transport to and from the pier was easy and quick. 

Tell me about the total cost that you paid for the package and how did the pickup work after you returned from your cruise?

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Tell me about the total cost that you paid for the package and how did the pickup work after you returned from your cruise?

For our dates, the cost of the package from Hilton directly would have been $390 (2 adults, 2 kids).  But, as they don't have rooms for 5, we didn't book it.  You could also google park/cruise/fly brokers.

Parking at the port is $40/day with a max rate of $400.  So, if you don't need a hotel, and can drive from your home directly to the port, you aren't saving any money with the package.

We need a hotel the night before, so we're paying $130 for the hotel + $360 for port parking = $490.  

Fairfield in North Bergen has a package rate for 5 people, but that came to $507.  Essentially the same cost as parking at the port.  We chose parking at the port for convenience upon return.

Our other option was the Spring Hill suites park and fly.  Morning of the cruise, we'd take the free shuttle to the airport, and then the carnival shuttle from there. Car services for 5 + luggage cost a lot more than the carnival shuttle.

That would have cost: $205 (hotel + parking) + $288 (carnival shuttle r/t paid with discounted gift cards) = $493.

So, again, same price, so we chose parking at port for convenience.  

I think you said you're 90 miles from NYC?  I really think you should just leave your home the morning of the cruise and park at the port.