Marella Discovery 2 Pride of Panama 7 April 20

I got the 25% refund and 75% future credit, I still want to do this cruise and will rebook as soon as things return back to normal. Cost is not an important factor to me and will even pay more to get a confirmed booking. The only thing is this time I will pay for cancellation insurance especially booking something so far ahead of time. You never know if we have a zombie virus next.   Lolzzzz

100% agree with you on that. We had already booked our travel for the year when we found this one. Being that it was such a great trip we decided to do it as well. 
l am also all in for the cruise voucher and will rebook as well. Hopefully same time next year or earlier. 
we are just hoping we don’t get stranded in Toronto on the way home next week. 

I believe that ABTA is a UK organization and probably won’t benefit the Canadian travellers who. Are affected by this. 

Travel restrictions are escalating quickly. Many cruise companies have suspended service to the end of April. Many UK based companies have recalled their vessels to their home ports on completion of their current itinerary. 
hopefully Marbella will do so also. 

sent in our form for a refund as well, just waiting for confirmation from Sunwing. The $100/pp future travel voucher wasn't appealing enough to go with FCC so are asking for the refund. 

With all the shutdowns have lots of time to spend now planning future trips - just not sure when things will realistically start up again.

Yes me too. I got my email from Sunwing and selected the refund option. 

hopefully the world returns to normal sometime soon. To top it off NCL just informed me that my CruiseNext certificates are about to expire. 
hope they will extend them. 

on the lighter side, if you hear about a guy named Noah planning a “couples only cruise” let me know.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Papatroll said:

Has anyone actually received their refund or future cruise voucher. I have not heard anything from Sunwing or Marbella since submitting my cancellation request

We have not heard either, but contacted Sunwing via twitter DM last week - said they are doing them in order of departure. From the public twitter feed it sounds like no one has received anything yet. We submitted the form for the refund when it was still an option, but I believe we will all receive vouchers now.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:54 PM, Papatroll said:

Has anyone actually received their refund or future cruise voucher. I have not heard anything from Sunwing or Marbella since submitting my cancellation request

We got our email response from Sunwing today (we were Mar 24)- like everyone else we ended up with a voucher (they are not doing refunds). The voucher is good through to June 2022 and what I do really like is that is can be used in pieces which is good for us if we choose to  do something less expensive than the cruise. We have a credit with Transat from a cancelled holiday last year (pre Covid) and we cannot split it - has to all be used at once or you lose remainder.

Nice to have that part settled anyway - hard to plan for future holidays right now but still looking anyway ... (-:

Yes I got mine today also. Not happy with the voucher. It ties up my money in their account. Not usually a Sunwing traveller but this was a one off because of the great deal. 
I shall be going after a full refund

10 hours ago, Papatroll said:

Yes I got mine today also. Not happy with the voucher. It ties up my money in their account. Not usually a Sunwing traveller but this was a one off because of the great deal. 
I shall be going after a full refund

I don't think you will have any chance on the refund - the rules were changed to allow them to offer vouchers to protect the industry. All suppliers (not just Sunwing) went that route understandably.

We were not in the position to use our non-Covid related Transat voucher in what limited time we have left on it - so we have booked a holiday with it now and purchased their 'cancel for any reason' at $59 each. Their conditions are now if (when) we cancel it, we get $250 in future vouchers and the remaining in refund. So we are able to pull that trip back to mostly a refund at a cost of $120 which we thought was worth it. You could use the same approach with Sunwing if you want to pullback at least a partial refund. Not sure what their split of vouchers to refund is but likely similar.

On 3/19/2020 at 10:50 AM, rodndonna said:

sent in our form for a refund as well, just waiting for confirmation from Sunwing. The $100/pp future travel voucher wasn't appealing enough to go with FCC so are asking for the refund. 

With all the shutdowns have lots of time to spend now planning future trips - just not sure when things will realistically start up again.

Hi have Sunwing offered the Sunshine states and sands for summer 2021 as Discovery is to be based in Port Canaveral for a season, or would that be to close to home for you folk.

I have been in contact with Sunwing. I was informed that due t9 the changes in the rules they are only responsible to give vouchers.  

I shall now start a campaign towards the government regarding their policy which will allow travel providers to keep their clients money and potentially Close down their business so as not to be liable for honouring the vouchers. they get to keep all assets and re-open under another name. 

or file for insolvency and then start over.

it has happened before.

by the way

we would all be settling in aboard today and enjoying the sun and a drink.

jus sayin!

3 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi have Sunwing offered the Sunshine states and sands for summer 2021 as Discovery is to be based in Port Canaveral for a season, or would that be to close to home for you folk.

Sunwing has not put out their offering for 2021 yet so not sure what will be offered. Will be interesting to see what is offered. Still hoping to do the Canal cruise at some point. I think the Sunshine States and Sands would appeal more to folks coming over from the UK rather than us Canucks though.

Flights to Port Canaveral are not much closer for us - compared to  direct flights to Montego Bay - 2.5 hours verses 4 hours so itinerary would generally be the deciding factor for most.

This question is for the UK travellers

which company did you book through, was it sunwing or TUI.

i guess I have more than one question.

what have they offered you. 

new article in today’s news feed talks about the Canadian government letting the air carriers off the hook by issuing vouchers for travel.

i am going to challenge by saying I booked a cruise through sunwing. They assumed the responsibility to get me to the embarkation point.