Berlin by train or coach?

RealCajunLady

We are considering using a different company to book Berlin tour.  It offers travel into Berlin by motor coach rather than train.  Would like to know opinions on those two options.  Price is similar for ship or private company and both meet up with guides in Berlin.

Ask questions

How long does it take by train? By bus?

What time does each company say you can expect to arrive in Berlin.

What time does each start back to the ship? How about traffic between the two locations?  What are the chances of delays?

52 minutes ago, RealCajunLady said:

All great questions. But what I would like to know is the comfort of the train versus a bus into Berlin. Would like someone who has made the trip in those ways to give an opinion. 👏🏻

Train is about one hour faster and  1000 % more comfortable.
In addition there is not much to see on that bus route.

2 hours ago, RealCajunLady said:

All great questions. But what I would like to know is the comfort of the train versus a bus into Berlin. Would like someone who has made the trip in those ways to give an opinion. 👏🏻

For me, it is a no brainer. Trains are always more comfortable. There is always more room. You can stand up and walk around when you need to.

While on Viking Homelands (August 2018) we took the included Viking train (very comfortable) and then met our private guide  at  approx.10:30am at Ostbanhof station.  The Viking included tour continued on via bus with drop off at Hilton Hotel at Gendarmenmarkt.  We were a group of six and reserved a private walking tour and had our guide drop us at Gendarmenmarkt at approx. 3:00pm for the Viking bus back to the train station.  Viking used different train stations for arrival and departure, I believe the departure station was Gesundbrunnen.  It was very well-organized by Viking with guides on each train car, morning coffee and afternoon beer/wine on the train.   Enjoy your time in Berlin!

• Like 1