Infinity cruise 1/7-1/11 2021 cancelled due to charter.

philamyc

We were booked  2018 out of San Juan on a 7 night and it canceled due to charter.

I had booked it through Celebrity Blue Chip Club.

The alternatives they offered were weak but calling BCC resulted in a better offer than the original deal.

36 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

When were you notified?  I am waiting to be notified on our March 22, 2021 cruise.  I have emailed my PVP but she said she has not heard anything yet.  Thank you.  I am sorry the alternate dates didn't work for you.  That is disappointing especially since you were on a B2B.

Friends we were sailing with received an email yesterday. I called Celebrity and asked why I didn't receive one and was told they just started calling people last night and hadn't gotten to me yet. It's quite disappointing. The B2B would be only 9 nights not 10 that we had. We've been affected by charter situations numerous times and I can honestly say this one has been the most disappointing when it comes to options.

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
clarification
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 10:06 AM, philamyc said:

Hi Phil

I have received a phone call and email today from Celebrity regarding you 07JAN2021 sailing.  

Celebrity is cancelling this sailing due to the sailing/ship being chartered.  Below are your options from Celebrity.

Guests on the affected sailing who are interested in similar itineraries can be rebooked in like accommodations at the protected/lowest available rate on these suggested sailings: 

Celebrity Infinity: 
4-Night Bahamas Cruise departing February 18, 2021 
5-Night Labadee & Puerto Rico Cruise departing March 6, 2021 
4-Night Bahamas Cruise departing March 11, 2021 
5-Night Labadee & Puerto Rico Cruise departing March 15, 2021

Clients can rebook on any Celebrity vacation they choose. Those who do rebook with Celebrity will receive an onboard credit of $200 per standard stateroom and $400 per suite

Brand promotions will be protected for named and deposited bookings only. 

Air reimbursement is not being offered. 

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment; however, if a guest chooses not to rebook, the above offer of compensation is no longer valid. 

We have until Wednesday, February 5, 2020 to let Celebrity know what you would like to do.

This is upsetting. This 4 night cruise was offered a 5 night replacement cruise  and $400 OBC for suites yet our 5 night cruise was offered a 4 night replacement cruise and only $200 OBC...wth???? 

17 hours ago, hefb1 said:

It’s really seems strange that Celebrity would cruise to Puerto Rico on a 5 nighter.

on March 6 and March 15, doesn’t it?

We were given 3 options, one of which was a 4 day cruise as well, with a $200 credit for a suite.   I am assuming that people were given a $400 credit if they had B2B cruises.

Thanks for letting us know RE Feb 22,2021 cruise.  We haven’t got the letter yet.  We also don’t like the replacement cruises but find an Apex cruise interesting.  Does anyone know if we book this Apex cruise on board within the next 2 wks;  can our TA then transfer the $200 from the cancelled cruise as well as the on board booking $.  ?

8 minutes ago, hefb1 said:

Thanks for letting us know RE Feb 22,2021 cruise.  We haven’t got the letter yet.  We also don’t like the replacement cruises but find an Apex cruise interesting.  Does anyone know if we book this Apex cruise on board within the next 2 wks;  can our TA then transfer the $200 from the cancelled cruise as well as the on board booking $.  ?

I don't think that would work since you are booked with a TA. The TA would 'transfer' the Feb 22, 2021 cruise to your chosen Apex cruise. The new Apex cruise would receive the $200 compensation OBC but no onboard sales OBC. It was booked by your TA and not booked onboard by you. BUT if your Feb 22, 2021was originally booked onboard, then yes, the onboard sales OBC would transfer also.  

Celebrity informed me we have until 2/13/2021 to make a decision on a replacement cruise and receive the $200 compensation.