Infinity cruise 1/7-1/11 2021 cancelled due to charter.

philamyc

I have booked back to back cruises two different times with celebrity and both times they have chartered out one of the cruises. They are offering a 200.00 OBC for a different cruise. But now, I am stuck with flights for a 5 day cruise instead of 9 day, so I am cancelling the other one as well. I guess I've learned my lesson - no more b2b cruises.

Boy that was bad luck!   Many airlines haven’t opened up booking yet for Jan, 2021 sadly you picked one that did.  

When we had a cruise cancelled we were offered about 4-5 options with price protection, o e them actually worked better.  Unless we are flying internationally we don’t book air until about 6 months out, far less chance of a charter.

Have you looked at other cruises lines that may work with your tickets or maybe a few days at a resort.

It might make sense in the future to book both the cruise and Choice Air on Celebrity Site with payment not due until final payment.  

You must really be unlucky to have so many cruises chartered out from underneath you.

• Like 1

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  When i said i was stuck with flights I just meant that now i would have to buy flights just for a five day cruise, which isn't worth it for me. I didn't actually buy the flights yet. I'm bummed because i booked early to get a specific room. 

Wow, what a bummer, especially to have that happen more than once!  Hope you can find other dates that work for you.  Perhaps you need to just book a longer cruise next time instead of two shorties... I'm thinking the longer ones are less likely to be chartered out.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hefb1 said:

Thanks for the info.  We are booked on several Infinity cruises next winter.  Can you advise about options they gave you, specifically were you given certain cruises you could rebook, and could they guarantee your current prices on the new cruise.

Hi Phil

I have received a phone call and email today from Celebrity regarding you 07JAN2021 sailing.  

Celebrity is cancelling this sailing due to the sailing/ship being chartered.  Below are your options from Celebrity.

Guests on the affected sailing who are interested in similar itineraries can be rebooked in like accommodations at the protected/lowest available rate on these suggested sailings: 

Celebrity Infinity: 
4-Night Bahamas Cruise departing February 18, 2021 
5-Night Labadee & Puerto Rico Cruise departing March 6, 2021 
4-Night Bahamas Cruise departing March 11, 2021 
5-Night Labadee & Puerto Rico Cruise departing March 15, 2021

Clients can rebook on any Celebrity vacation they choose. Those who do rebook with Celebrity will receive an onboard credit of $200 per standard stateroom and $400 per suite

Brand promotions will be protected for named and deposited bookings only. 

Air reimbursement is not being offered. 

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment; however, if a guest chooses not to rebook, the above offer of compensation is no longer valid. 

We have until Wednesday, February 5, 2020 to let Celebrity know what you would like to do.

4 minutes ago, philamyc said:

Hi Phil

I have received a phone call and email today from Celebrity regarding you 07JAN2021 sailing.  

Celebrity is cancelling this sailing due to the sailing/ship being chartered.  Below are your options from Celebrity.

Guests on the affected sailing who are interested in similar itineraries can be rebooked in like accommodations at the protected/lowest available rate on these suggested sailings: 

Celebrity Infinity: 
4-Night Bahamas Cruise departing February 18, 2021 
5-Night Labadee & Puerto Rico Cruise departing March 6, 2021 
4-Night Bahamas Cruise departing March 11, 2021 
5-Night Labadee & Puerto Rico Cruise departing March 15, 2021

Clients can rebook on any Celebrity vacation they choose. Those who do rebook with Celebrity will receive an onboard credit of $200 per standard stateroom and $400 per suite

Brand promotions will be protected for named and deposited bookings only. 

Air reimbursement is not being offered. 

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment; however, if a guest chooses not to rebook, the above offer of compensation is no longer valid. 

We have until Wednesday, February 5, 2020 to let Celebrity know what you would like to do.

We've also been booked on cruises on Celebrity that have ultimately been canceled for charters.  

Sorry to hear this has happened to your sailing.  We've always done really really well by taking one of these replacement sailings but we live close to those embarkation ports and our schedule is quite flexible ... but, I understand that everyone's situation is quite different.  

What is a little hard is that they give one so little time to make a decision.  I've actually had them extend that time frame for me in the past.  Hopefully, if you think you can get away for a different sailing, they will make that same consideration for you.  

The options of sailings that you were given is interesting.   I am currently booked on a 5 day infinity cruise starting March 13, 2021, which is a western caribbean cruise to cozumel.   I just signed into Celebrity and my booking is still showing.  The interesting thing though is that when I do a search for cruises in March on infinity, the only one I find is one for March 27 - All very odd!

45 minutes ago, tert333 said:

The options of sailings that you were given is interesting.   I am currently booked on a 5 day infinity cruise starting March 13, 2021, which is a western caribbean cruise to cozumel.   I just signed into Celebrity and my booking is still showing.  The interesting thing though is that when I do a search for cruises in March on infinity, the only one I find is one for March 27 - All very odd!

This will be the pattern.  You will not be notified of any changes until they have everything set in place.  On one website, I see all the Infinity sailings showing for March 2021 but, they are all showing as sold out, except for that one you referred to above on March 27.  Until decisions are made and contracts for charters are signed, they won't tell you anything ... they won't want you to cancel prematurely.  They may even be looking into an extended dry dock or a complete redeployment.  I was on an Alaska sailing on another cruiseline when I received a notification that the ship was being redeployed to Cuba.  Well ... not what I had in mind when I booked Alaska.  The thing is, they were only giving us $25 total to not cancel our booking.  No way!!  

31 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

This will be the pattern.  You will not be notified of any changes until they have everything set in place.  On one website, I see all the Infinity sailings showing for March 2021 but, they are all showing as sold out, except for that one you referred to above on March 27.  Until decisions are made and contracts for charters are signed, they won't tell you anything ... they won't want you to cancel prematurely.  They may even be looking into an extended dry dock or a complete redeployment.  I was on an Alaska sailing on another cruiseline when I received a notification that the ship was being redeployed to Cuba.  Well ... not what I had in mind when I booked Alaska.  The thing is, they were only giving us $25 total to not cancel our booking.  No way!!  

"Sorry we ruined your vacation plans. Here's money for a coffee!"

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, philamyc said:

"Sorry we ruined your vacation plans. Here's money for a coffee!"

That's about what it was, too.  hahaha!!  

Thankfully, we ended up finding a great deal on another cruise line and did go to Alaska after all.  

I would guess that we will be hearing soon as they seem to have firmed up some cruises and or charters as they are now booking people on a March 15, 2021 cruise, which is not open to the public.  I called Celebrity today and they do not see a March 15 cruise yet.   They still see my march 13, 2021 cruise, but said that it is locked.  My 5 day March 13 cruise is definitely not going to happen as they are now taking transfers on a March 15 cruise.....

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Our booking March 22-27, 2021 on the Infinity disappeared months ago.  I am waiting to be notified but it seems it may be a few months yet.  I got a terrific deal so hope to move it.  Best wishes to you!

The last time ours was chartered the same thing happened, It disappeared from the site. I would call them if I were you.

38 minutes ago, tert333 said:

I would guess that we will be hearing soon as they seem to have firmed up some cruises and or charters as they are now booking people on a March 15, 2021 cruise, which is not open to the public.  I called Celebrity today and they do not see a March 15 cruise yet.   They still see my march 13, 2021 cruise, but said that it is locked.  My 5 day March 13 cruise is definitely not going to happen as they are now taking transfers on a March 15 cruise.....

I will never book a 4 or 5 day again unless it is right before the cruise. They make it too hard to make plans.

• Like 1

Our 2/22/21 & 2/27/21 Infinity sailings were cancelled due to charters and we were offered just $200 for our suites, not $400.

We were given the options of March 6th, March 11th and March 15th as replacement cruises. Can't take any of these and prices of other cruises seemed to have skyrocketed overnight. 😡

20 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

Our 2/22/21 & 2/27/21 Infinity sailings were cancelled due to charters and we were offered just $200 for our suites, not $400.

We were given the options of March 6th, March 11th and March 15th as replacement cruises. Can't take any of these and prices of other cruises seemed to have skyrocketed overnight. 😡

When were you notified?  I am waiting to be notified on our March 22, 2021 cruise.  I have emailed my PVP but she said she has not heard anything yet.  Thank you.  I am sorry the alternate dates didn't work for you.  That is disappointing especially since you were on a B2B.