Norwegian Jade Hong Kong to Singapore Coronavirus

Bevi65

Yikes. But I don’t feel like she would have it. It wasn’t spread to Macau yet at that time (Jan 25) and there hasn’t been many cases in Macau. Guess safety first. 

I feel like the Jade is more risky with the amount of people from China going on vacation right now. 

I can see the Jade sailed. It seems like it left the port late. I was tracking it’s position. 

https://www. Cruisin . Me /cruise-ship-tracker/norwegian-cruise-line/norwegian-jade/

Edited by RedElmo

6 hours ago, RedElmo said:

Yikes. But I don’t feel like she would have it. It wasn’t spread to Macau yet at that time (Jan 25) and there hasn’t been many cases in Macau. Guess safety first. 

I feel like the Jade is more risky with the amount of people from China going on vacation right now. 

I can see the Jade sailed. It seems like it left the port late. I was tracking it’s position. 

https://www. Cruisin . Me /cruise-ship-tracker/norwegian-cruise-line/norwegian-jade/

Will be interesting to see whether Jade's ports of call will give permission for passengers to land. 

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Will be interesting to see whether Jade's ports of call will give permission for passengers to land. 

After a lot of back & forth with NCL and our agent yesterday we were advised that there would be no refund ( we asked for a credit for a future cruise), or credit.    Looking at headlines this morning, there may very well be refunds.

4 minutes ago, Bevi65 said:

After a lot of back & forth with NCL and our agent yesterday we were advised that there would be no refund ( we asked for a credit for a future cruise), or credit.    Looking at headlines this morning, there may very well be refunds.

I hope you get a future cruise credit from NCL.  NCL will loose a lot of Goodwill if it doesn't give passengers refunds or future cruise credits.

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I hope you get a future cruise credit from NCL.  NCL will loose a lot of Goodwill if it doesn't give passengers refunds or future cruise credits.

Thank you,  headlines are stating it's now a global emergency.  Thousands of Aussies exposed due to flights continuing to come in from China.  

1 hour ago, Bevi65 said:

where will there be refunds? Can you point me to something i can reference? I was suppose to be on the Jade yesterday but clearly I did t take the risk and didn’t get on. I would still like to try and get something back. 

9 minutes ago, RedElmo said:

We are due to leave on the 17th , as more cases  come to light and its been labelled a global emergency " last few hours" NCL may not have a choice.  Wishful thinking on my part perhaps - you lost all your fare ??

where will there be refunds? Can you point me to something i can reference? I was suppose to be on the Jade yesterday but clearly I did t take the risk and didn’t get on. I would still like to try and get something back. 

I am scheduled on the next HK sailing and have been told the same as all of you business as usual no refund.

Todays news with the Canadian Goverment & WHO should force the issue with cruise line. 

The heat test in every port is lip service as the incubation process 7-14 days would exceed the length of the cruise. 

The cruise line doesn’t allow crew members to wear masks as it scares the guests. 

Crew members are nolonger joining in HK And have been redirected to other ports. 

The kicker is if you fail a heat scan then the cruise line and port country fight over where you will be quarantined.

82% of guests onboard the

next 2 sailings are HK/Chinese nationals making the cruise ship a floating red zone. 

With both HK disney and HK ocean park both closed when will

the cruise line acknowledge the risk. 

9 minutes ago, Cozworth said:

With both HK disney and HK ocean park both closed when will

the cruise line acknowledge the risk. 

Oh. They know the risk. They are just greedy and don’t want to offer refunds. Money in their pocket is better than in yours. 

It will be interesting if something does happen. Sue sue sue!

Edited by RedElmo

2 minutes ago, RedElmo said:

Oh. They know the risk. They are just greedy and don’t want to offer refunds. Money in their pocket is better than in yours. 

It will be interesting if something does happen. Sue sue sue!

Interesting developments a few hours ago with a couple of cruise lines.  Hong Kong has been scrapped from their itineraries.  I would imagine NCL will also have an update, let's wait & see.

I am currently booked for the cruise leaving on February 6 from Singapore to Hong Kong.  I have flights to Singapore via Japan Airlines and flights back from Hong Kong to Boston via American Airlines.  All 3 of the companies are denying refunds for the cancellation of this trip.  I have been told by all of them that my ports are not yet heavily impacted enough to warrant a refund. NCL is implementing this 100.4 no-touch scanner which will deny guests entry (also without refund).  Since this virus can take 11-14 days to show, I'm not sure how that system is actually going to help anything.  My travel insurance has said "Unwillingness to travel due to a pandemic virus and fear of fatality is not grounds for coverage".... so the next time someone tells me to get travel insurance, they're going to hear it from me.  

So as of right now, I'll be there.  See you on board.  I'll be the one in the hazmat suit (thought that might be hard to differentiate). 

32 minutes ago, iamscottie said:

I am currently booked for the cruise leaving on February 6 from Singapore to Hong Kong.  I have flights to Singapore via Japan Airlines and flights back from Hong Kong to Boston via American Airlines.  All 3 of the companies are denying refunds for the cancellation of this trip.  I have been told by all of them that my ports are not yet heavily impacted enough to warrant a refund. NCL is implementing this 100.4 no-touch scanner which will deny guests entry (also without refund).  Since this virus can take 11-14 days to show, I'm not sure how that system is actually going to help anything.  My travel insurance has said "Unwillingness to travel due to a pandemic virus and fear of fatality is not grounds for coverage".... so the next time someone tells me to get travel insurance, they're going to hear it from me.  

So as of right now, I'll be there.  See you on board.  I'll be the one in the hazmat suit (thought that might be hard to differentiate). 

So I asked my airline to give me travel credit instead of refund. They were more willing to do that. 

3 hours ago, RedElmo said:

So I asked my airline to give me travel credit instead of refund. They were more willing to do that. 

Latest email from Norwegian shows no indication of port changes for now.  As mentioned , we would have been happy with a credit given my asthma and not wanting to take the cruise at this time. Their refusal has impacted the decision of not booking any future cruises with them.  We may very well make a claim as we've been advised by our insurer that due to virus been a respiratory one,  we may be successful in recouping our money.  Cruise is not far off and last few days have been quite stressful .

25 minutes ago, Bevi65 said:

Latest email from Norwegian shows no indication of port changes for now.  As mentioned , we would have been happy with a credit given my asthma and not wanting to take the cruise at this time. Their refusal has impacted the decision of not booking any future cruises with them.  We may very well make a claim as we've been advised by our insurer that due to virus been a respiratory one,  we may be successful in recouping our money.  Cruise is not far off and last few days have been quite stressful .

Keep trying for a refund or credit.  You should be successful as you won't be the only one not wanting to cruise at this time.  This virus is worse than the SARS Epidemic, when they redeployed ships (per ABC News).  Good Luck.  

Edited by MMDown Under

39 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Keep trying for a refund or credit.  You should be successful as you won't be the only one not wanting to cruise at this time.  This virus is worse than the SARS Epidemic, when they redeployed ships (per ABC News).  Good Luck.  

Thank you.