Adventure of the Seas

I have a question regarding the VOOM and SURF.  What is the difference in the two?  Cannot decide which or both to purchase.  

I also have a question regarding THE KEY,  We have 2 cabins booked, one cabin has the deluxe beverage pkg and 1 device for VOOM.  The other cabin does not.  So if the one cabin has VOOM already, is there any real advantage to getting the key?  Arrival seems easy and not interested in the flowrider or rock wall.  I am new to RCL - 

Thanks

Voom is the name of the internet. From there you have 2 choices. Surf and Stream.

This is basically what you plan to do with the internet, if you are going to be streaming movies and such, you would purchase the Stream.

Getting the Key is up to you, that is hard to say, it is a new program and I have yet to buy into it, because I PERSONALLY do not see the value in it.

Edited by Drock20J
Fixing a typo

8 minutes ago, luvsvacations said:

I have a question regarding the VOOM and SURF.  What is the difference in the two?  Cannot decide which or both to purchase.  

I also have a question regarding THE KEY,  We have 2 cabins booked, one cabin has the deluxe beverage pkg and 1 device for VOOM.  The other cabin does not.  So if the one cabin has VOOM already, is there any real advantage to getting the key?  Arrival seems easy and not interested in the flowrider or rock wall.  I am new to RCL - 

Thanks

Voom is the name of their internet.  Surf is the slower version of Voom.  Surf and Stream is the faster version.  The version that comes with the DBP is Surf and Stream. 

One of the biggest benefit of The Key is Voom.  Assuming a value of apx $10 for Voom, if you have no need for any additional devices besides the one that comes with the DBP you purchased and you aren't looking for extra time on Flowrider, then I can't imagine you getting any value out of the Key.  We were on Adventure in December and getting decent seats in the Theatre every night was no problem at all. For the ice skating show I showed up 20 minutes early and got good seats for both performances.

Well I always purchase the drink package with Voom and I always assume it was the slower of the 2 but it always it fast enough for us it allows us to anything I want. I even streamed the Ohio State football game against Wis which they didn't show. It was fast enough to watch it . So I have no complaints with it other than it will kick u off once in awhile and you have log back on for some reason . 

17 minutes ago, frito58 said:

Well I always purchase the drink package with Voom and I always assume it was the slower of the 2 but it always it fast enough for us it allows us to anything I want.

All reporting indicates that combo packages (drink+VOOM) include the faster Stream tier. You can confirm this with a simple speed test.