Help choose British Isles Crown Princess vs. Celebrity Reflection

RNCheryl

I've done a British Isles cruise on Crown, and have also spent time on Reflection.  Reflection is my least favorite X ship, but I think it's still a better ship than Crown in many ways.  Celebrity has better food in the MDR and better specialties, but that's subjective of course.  The Crown has three completely different pool areas, forward, center, and aft, and while that's great in warm weather, none are covered, so if you end up with a cold/rainy cruise, Crown will get crowded in the interior FAST.  Reflection has the solarium pool that people can enjoy.

Is that price for a standard balcony cabin on Crown?  Because they're 162 sq. ft. with no place to sit except a desk chair or the bed while the standard balcony on X is about 192 sq. ft.  The Reflection balcony cabins are much more comfortable. 

You might find it easier to get to the ship flying into Amsterdam.  Southampton is a bit of a haul and requires some sort of transfer planning. 

The Princess itinerary looks better to me, and that's one of Princess's great strengths over Celebrity, IMO.  In general their itineraries are superior, but the food quality always gets me.  Celebrity is a few notches better.

• Like 1