Excursion Meeting Times

PammyMouse

I've been on several NCL cruises but have never taken an excursion.  Is the time of the excursion (on the web page) the meet up time, or is this typically earlier, say 15 minutes or half an hour?  It matters to us because I like an excursion that leaves at 9:30, but my daughter will want to go to Splash Academy at 9:00, I wonder if it is too tight.

Thanks in advance,
Pam

Hard to say how much time  - some of mine have been 15 minutes, others 30.  Possibly more if you aren't docked and will be taking a tender.

Also, some excursions have you meet onshore, for others you will meet in the theater, where they will call you as a group - so the tours don't leave until the specified time (or after if they are waiting for stragglers, since they know how many are coming) but they have you meet ahead of time to get you to the right tour and help make sure your tour leaves on time.

As long as the excursion is outside the cancellation time (not on day 2 of your cruise), you can reserve/book it ahead of time and cancel if you find it's not going to work.  I'm not too familiar with Splash Academy, so I don't know if you can check-in before the listed time, which might also be a option.

Thanks! I sort of thought 15-30 minutes as well.  I believe we are docking (Halifax) so I might just line up outside Splash Academy a bit early so we don't have to wait long to get her in.  It is a 9:00 dock so I think if one of us waits with her we should get her in and we can explain the other is "on the way" to whomever is managing the excursion check-in.  

Pam

Halifax is a docked port.  The meeting time and place for your NCL shore excursion will be shown on the tickets that should be waiting for you in your stateroom when you arrive.  The excursion time sometimes is not what was shown on the web site, either; the times can and sometimes do change, so be sure to check your tickets carefully on embarkation day.

Enjoy your cruise!