Vogue Australia and Cunard

bluemarble

Here's an "article" from the Vogue Australia website that was done in partnership with Cunard. It took me a while to figure out to use the down arrow or page down keys to "scroll down" to view it in my desktop browser. It works as expected using a touch gesture to view it on a smart phone.

Luxury cruise line Cunard proves a ship is the most stylish way to travel

I just thought this might be of some general interest, especially in light of the current relaxing of the dress code to jackets optional on smart attire evenings on QE for her Australia itineraries.

Edited by bluemarble

Just now, Jack E Dawson said:

Did I miss something...beautiful people, beautiful cloths and beautiful luggage; was here a beautiful ship in there somewhere?

Good point. No picture of any Cunard ship in there that I saw either. There's one interior shot taken on a staircase with the caption "There is no form of travel so deeply synonymous with style as that enjoyed aboard a ship. When it comes to ships steeped in style-laden history, British heritage brand Cunard leads the way. ...".  That photo doesn't even look like it was taken aboard a ship.

Incidentally, a couple of the links to Cunard in that article are intended to take you to the Cunard Australia home page which currently reads "Explore the world, in style." along with this image. Looks to me like that could be a tie-in with the theme of the Vogue article.

AU_wave1.jpg.image.1440.523.high.jpg

Yes that's the advertising showing on NZ TV at the moment - we hadn't noticed as we never watch the adds - but my partner backed up the recording so we could have a look - the page has the same image https://www.cunard.com/en-au/cruise-deals/explore-in-style 

My issue with it is that 

a) I'm over 30 

b) I'm over a size 6 (or 1 in US sizes) 

c) none of those beautiful peopple are actually doing anything - they aren't dancing on the ship - they aren't walking on land -  and if they tried to the clothes they have on wouldn't help. 

I'm seriously thinking about doing a set of photos of what real style is for us old fat people! 

• Like 1

Fashion Mags, are universally fashion forward, some stylish, some absurd, but they push the trends. The 'stylish' fashions in the Vogue story would generally be welcomed on the Queens in my opinion. The Mags are aimed at the young, though a copy of GQ, I picked up at Heathrow in Oct 2018 had H.R.H the Prince of Wales as it's model and showed some great style for (us) older folks. 

On 1/31/2020 at 11:47 AM, lissie said:

Yes that's the advertising showing on NZ TV at the moment - we hadn't noticed as we never watch the adds - but my partner backed up the recording so we could have a look - the page has the same image https://www.cunard.com/en-au/cruise-deals/explore-in-style 

My issue with it is that 

a) I'm over 30 

c) none of those beautiful peopple are actually doing anything - they aren't dancing on the ship - they aren't walking on land -  and if they tried to the clothes they have on wouldn't help. 

I'm seriously thinking about doing a set of photos of what real style is for us old fat people! 

Hi Lissie Good for you. I found the clip a bit off putting. We are on the same trip as you I think to Capetown?? Also from New Zealand. First time on Cunard and based on the clip wondering how we would fit in. Jeanette

1 hour ago, Tingaling0 said:

Hi Lissie Good for you. I found the clip a bit off putting. We are on the same trip as you I think to Capetown?? Also from New Zealand. First time on Cunard and based on the clip wondering how we would fit in. Jeanette

First time cruising  - but no not Capetwon. We're cruising to PNG from Sydney in a couple of weeks 

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2020 at 9:47 AM, lissie said:

My issue with it is that 

a) I'm over 30 

Please do, I am definitely with you on this one, real style and the real world for actual cruisers.