Need YOUR help! (Yes, yours!)

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Was that supposed to be some kind of cheap shot against Carnival? Are you implying it's nothing but heavy drinkers, loud music, and low quality food?

Not a cheap shot at all. It is just based on my own experience with Carnival.

It is also based on two then 24 years old women who booked their first independent cruises in the Carnival Glory.

When I asked how they enjoyed their first cruise as adults (both had cruised extensively with parents, but never on Carnival),  one replied as the other nodded in agreement, "I guess I just don't drink enough to find the food and entertainment as good as our table mates did."

In any case, the OP really does need to talk with her fiance about his idea of what he wants on vacation.

Like others posted, watch the dates in April for when major Spring Break will hit. 

For a first cruise, discuss things like what to budget money for: Cheers, spa, better experiences on shore in port, balcony vs an interior or OV room.  

8 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Please discuss your plan with your fiance and find out what he is looking for in an onboard experience.

If he has no idea, carefully discuss what he considers having a good time (heavy drinking, loud music, food quality unimportant, etc).

It might be that a different cruise line is a better fit for him.

First timers don't know if it's good or bad.they are just happy they are on a cruise.my nephew and his wife took his ma and Pa on a carnival cruise.the females loved it .the fellas not so much especially my brother.the wife and I took our first carnival Cruise 19 years ago and for the most part loved the first 2 after not being able to get time off from work for a few years we went again in-between jobs and didn't like it too well.the dreaded cutbacks had started.so I booked elsewhere and prefer the other guys these days.we take an occasional carnival 5 day.but it sends us back to the other lines.any way you live and you learn .nothing beats experience.