Enhanced Sanitation Measures

brilliantseas

On 2/2/2020 at 8:46 AM, Envelope21 said:

Disembarking Joy today. Procedures have been in place for 3 days. DH and I wash our hands religiously. Don’t touch hand rails going up and down stairs. Use knuckle to push elevator buttons. Both still got sick. Do what you can, but there is no guarantee. We still had a great cruise. Joy is beautiful! 😀

Edited by ksmcdonald

We had pneumonia, bronchitis & a virus going around our ship in November. We were also in the Middle East which had a strain of the corona virus.

It's a thing you notice the first few days, but then it becomes the norm. You do begin to notice those who really do not give a crap & who don't think the rules apply to them!

Onboard the Sun . All week , we have been served from the buffet, including drinks and coffee . This morning at 6am ( early arrival in Cozumel), there were no staff present to hand food out or serve coffee . Lo and behold, within two minutes , i saw people using their bare hands to grab Items .🤷 

I'm glad to see this, considering we have a cruise in May aboard the Jade (it goes nowhere near China, but viruses don't respect international borders).  

We learned 2 years ago that you can request to have your cabin "deep cleaned" before you board.  You have to have a good reason, but we asked for it and we were assured that it was taken care of.  A good option aboard NCL if you have a weakened immune system or some other reason to be concerned.

On 2/1/2020 at 5:55 AM, MotownVoice said:

I feel like the industry is anxious that if they bragged about these procedures, which are great and frankly obvious measures that every cruiseline should take, that it would somehow leave a negative image to their brand because they're the only ship on TV talking about bacteria.

If that's the case, I think they're talking to the wrong focus group.  People care about this stuff.

Kudos for being brave if that's what this represents.