Nile Cruise -- Inoculation for Egypt

kcscrapper

I personally don't rely on a tour company to give me medical or country entry requirements. There are some recommended immunizations that you should discuss with a specialized travel physician and review the requirements and recommendations from your government's travel websites.

Protecting yourself from Hepatitis A and B may not be country specific, but very wise for traveler health. Ensuring your basic childhood boosters, tetanus are all up to date are important and should be rrviewed by the Dr. mentioned above.

And ensure you carry proof of all your immunizations or tested immunities (like measles) to avoid needless extra shots.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 12:50 PM, kcscrapper said:

We do not see any tour provider "recommended" inoculation for upcoming Egypt and Nile adventure.   

Does anyone have good information or experience as to not getting shots before going to Egypt with a well known tour provider?

It wouldn't hurt if you checked if your tetanus, typhoid and Hep A and B are uptodate.

• 3 weeks later...

Most City/county health departments in major cities have an immunization group. Mine will research foreign travel and arrange for the appropriate shots based on your destination. Start on it well before your trip. Having said that, I’m pretty sure I didn’t get any immunizations before my Egypt trip, though that was over twenty years ago.