Afternoon Tea, QM2 Grills Passengers

Bigmike911

On past voyages, afternoon tea was served in the Queens Grill Lounge for Grills passengers. Browsing the 'new and improved' web site for my voyage this summer I find a comment in the afternoon tea box that Grills passengers can take tea in the Princess Grill. Is this new? Has anyone experienced this location lately?

I believe that is the procedure on the QE and QV.  When we were in the Grills on the QE a few years ago we found the Grills lounge to be full at tea time on most days. The Princess Grill restaurant was used for the overflow. Since then we have been told using the restaurant instead of the lounge is a regular occurrence. If the QM2 is now serving Grills passengers tea in the Princess Grill that must be something fairly recent. Friends who were in the Grills last year on the QM2 said tea was served as usual in the Grills lounge.

Cunard's IT is so bad these days I wouldn't believe anything unless verified by an independent witness.

Not sure if we would experience the Grill Status we would give up the Queen Room Tea Service and the atmosphere it shares.

We did in the past enjoy on the QE2 tea in the Queens Grill Lounge off the Boat Deck. The Grill was setup for such service.

Let's see if we ever book Grills...

On the QM2, it's in the Lounge, a very nice space for this experience.  My husband enjoys it, including the music.  I avoid it as I am too busy with other stuff, of which there is a lot.