Live aboard Sun 2/2

shanefm3

18 hours ago, bostongal965 said:

I can't believe they are charging for the steam room and sauna on the Sun - do you know if you can still use them for free if you get a massage?

I haven’t seen anyone use them while getting massages . They are selling day passes for $20.

however , i don’t see how they could stop you having a sauna since it’s inside the changing rooms

1 hour ago, CactusRoot said:

Where is the Sun now?

We will be on her Alaskan voyage.

Look forward to hearing more. Hoping they have some good shows.

Would like to know if they have Zumba on board?

Thanks

In Costa Maya today . I can’t be of much use to regarding shows or Zumba , i don’t participate in either. Sorry 

Back on board after a quick walk around Costa Maya. On previous visits , i never left the port area . This time i took the bus downtown ($4) and had a ramble around . It was a great decision as i had a wonderful lunch of tacos and chips and salsa for ($9)

While walking along the beach , i was inundated with offers of beachside massages . I finally gave in and had the most amazing relaxing massage for 45 minutes ($20+tip). Highly recommend you allow yourself to be hassled into one 

i took a taxi back ( shared with a guest on MSC) . It was $4 each . It’s obviously a very poor area but it’s safe and i can’t recommend it enough to take the journey down 

• Like 1

Quick updated . Dinner tonight was extremely disappointing. Immediately after finishing the Sirloin special ,which was a very poor cut of meat, i was asked to move from my table to another location for dessert . They wanted to sit a party of 8. Bear in mind that i am traveling solo , had just soup and had left half my dinner and had only been there for approx 25 mins . 

I declined the request to locate to another table and just left . Just not up to previous cruises standards .

This is the first cruise i have been on that the cabin steward has made zero effort , no towel animals , not removing old sodas . In  general just sub par .

Im aware this sounds like complaint central but as a regular, loyal NCL cruiser , who is pretty easy going solo cruiser, I am not thrilled with lack of attention to the smaller details . It was these smaller details that made me switch from RC in the first place . 

Cozumel tomorrow, been there many times so probably just find a local restaurant to eat and people watch 

2 hours ago, Mike_DeA said:

Following along. 

Just an FYI - towel animals now have to be requested, they're no longer provided automatically across the fleet.  Let your steward know if you'd like them.

Good to know, normally travel with my kid who looked forward to them . 

30 minutes ago, dgreeney said:

Great review.  Where did you catch the bus on Costa Maya? Where is downtown?

Just keeping walking thru the shopping area towards the taxis . You’ll see a tram like bus that’ll bring you downtown which is a 10 minute “tram ride” there . It’s about 5 minutes back in a taxi for $4. You purchase the tram tickets close to where you board ( look for an old truck where they sell the tix , cash only )

i can’t recommend it enough . Again, it’s a run down area but the boardwalk and restaurants are fantastic and do treat yourself to a 45 min beach massage for $20 +tip 

Back on board after a walk around Cozumel . I took a taxi from the pier to downtown ($8) . While i absolutely hate the constant sales pitches etc as you walk the streets, i knew what i was getting into . I was on the look out for a Ravens backpack which i found . They were priced around  $20. I kept walking and found another for $15, offered $10 and was good to go . Just an FYI , everything is twice the price downtown at the pier area compared to a little further away .

7 cruise ships were in today but it still had a quiet feel to it !!. The pharmacy was pretty packed and based on the amount of blood pressure pills and ***** i saw purchased , it could be a bumpy night onboard.

Back on board to eat as i just can’t bring myself to eat bubba gumps/Senor Frogs at the pier and i was too tired to ramble for a local place 

0B9DD836-246B-41B8-A696-91EC93924B2A.jpeg

28 minutes ago, shanefm3 said:

Just keeping walking thru the shopping area towards the taxis . You’ll see a tram like bus that’ll bring you downtown which is a 10 minute “tram ride” there . It’s about 5 minutes back in a taxi for $4. You purchase the tram tickets close to where you board ( look for an old truck where they sell the tix , cash only )

i can’t recommend it enough . Again, it’s a run down area but the boardwalk and restaurants are fantastic and do treat yourself to a 45 min beach massage for $20 +tip 

Is this the area you mentioned?  We enjoyed it as well.

IMG_1452.JPG

Edited by GA Dave

Final night , all packed up and ready for walk off .

Very windy day aboard, difficult to find a seat as quite a large portion of upper deck closed off 

Magic show last night was very good , highly recommend . Had dinner at Four Seasons , it was good . Service was super fast and felt rushed . I had soup , Entrée and dessert with coffee in around 30 mins !!

Overall, i don’t think I’d do the smaller cruise ship again . This is my 12th on NCL and I prefer the bigger ships . It’s amazing how much difficulty people have with stepping all the way in to an elevator, especially with the smaller ones .  

Comedian Kevin Binder was excellent tonight , not for the children or easily offended but a very funny guy

• Like 1

Did walk off this morning and was off the ship by 710am. Taking Cortrans ( awesome service to and from MCO). Have a 1120am flight back to a cold CT

sorry i was to detailed on the finer items like food etc and didn’t post too many photos 

safe travels everyone and enjoy the break from reality 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Took you advice and took the tram to the beach.  Walked about a half mile down the road to Malicon21. Comfortable loungers, cheap drinks, and huge platter of guacamole and nachos for $7.00. Must spend a minimum of$10.00 Total for food and drinks.  Cab back to port was $8.00.