Shorter Cruise Chic Night

SeasideMemories

We are booked on a 6-night Western Caribbean in late May. This is the shortest cruise and latest in the Spring we’ve done but have booked with my sister and her husband on their first ever cruise. They’re not sure if they will like cruising or not (lol... that’s how you get hooked) and the dates worked vacation-wise for them.

Just a couple of questions...

I know on a 7 night there are normally 2 Chic nights. Usually the 2nd night (or sometimes third night if second night is not a sea day) and the second to the last night. Typically the menu that has lobster is the second Chic night.

According to the web site on a 6-night there is 1 Chic night. Our cruise itinerary has us in Key West on our second night with a sea day on day 3. All other nights are port nights until the last night. Any idea which night Chic night might be on? Also, any idea which of the 2 typical Chic night menus they may serve for our 1 night?

Without starting any dress code debate, does the dress for dinner seem to be more casual on the shorter cruises/Western Caribbean?

Edited by SeasideMemories
grammar

We have found that the dress on Caribbean cruises and Alaska cruises to be much more relaxed than other cruises.   Especially on Caribbean cruises , many dress in more of a tropical  resort casual style.   We always travel with dinner jackets but are considering leaving them home for our March 15 b2b2b cruise.  

Our group of 12 had dinner jackets and long dresses last week on Summit in the Caribbean but many had more relaxed styles, I would say just do what pleases you on chic night and yes it is generally much less formal at the moment on any of the cruises.

I would say the 3rd day - the sea day will be the chic night - why not ask the people on the previous cruise for guidance?

have a good cruise

Thank you both for your responses!

It seems I may have guessed correctly that the Chic night would be day 3 (a sea day) rather than the usual day 2. Someone else had posted a question about a 5-night with a similar itinerary and that seemed to match the answers given there.

It’s been a couple of years since we’ve cruised Celebrity so just wanted to get a ‘feel’ for what most are wearing especially since this is a shorter cruise than what we’ve typically done.