Helsinki Port of Call

tysmomm

21 minutes ago, Nok977 said:

Re. public transportation: do they offer any kind of group tickets? Many European cities do have ones, especially for tourists. I am not trying to save money but in my view it saves time and reduces the hassle - you buy it once and then don't bother in case you've taken a wrong bus or so

Do you really mean a group ticket (usually for multiple people travelling together) or a one or multi-day ticket that is good for all transportation for a period of time?

3 hours ago, Nok977 said:

Re. public transportation: do they offer any kind of group tickets? Many European cities do have ones, especially for tourists. I am not trying to save money but in my view it saves time and reduces the hassle - you buy it once and then don't bother in case you've taken a wrong bus or so

No true group tickets, but with a HSL travel card it would be possible to purchase single tickets for more than one person. However, if you arrive by a cruise ship and visit Helsinki for just one day, it probably won't make sense to get a HSL card, since 1) it costs 5 euros to get the card 2) you most likely end up depositing into the card more money for buying the tickets than you need and I don't think you can easily get the money back 3) if (and most likely when) your cruise ship arrives to Hernesaari, there isn't very near any place where you can get the HSL card.

If you don't want the hassle of using single tickets, there is also 24h tickets (8 €), although in many cases few single tickets may still be bit cheaper option, at least when you buy the ticket in advance either from HSL mobile app or from kiosks (2.80 €) rather than from bus driver (4 €). Worth noting that these single tickets are valid for 80 minutes and you can make unlimited transfers between busses, trams, metro, local trains and Suomenlinna ferry. If you end up buying 24h ticket, those are even available from bus drivers (cash payment only), HSL mobile app and kiosks.