2021 cruises out of New York and Norfolk VA.

jperry2011

What carnival cruise ships will be stationed or atleast rotated through New York or Norfolk VA in 2021?

We like to try new ships, Baltimore is the closest port but it seems like the Pride is the only ship from there.

(Been on it 3 times already)

13 minutes ago, bettyboop16 said:

I heard the Radiance would sail from Norfolk Va.

Radiance is sailing out of Norfolk, this year in 2020

on the carnival website, it shows the Radiance sailing out of Port Canaveral and Galveston for 2021

On 2/5/2020 at 7:10 PM, jperry2011 said:

What carnival cruise ships will be stationed or atleast rotated through New York or Norfolk VA in 2021?

We like to try new ships, Baltimore is the closest port but it seems like the Pride is the only ship from there.

(Been on it 3 times already)

Pride is moving (Tampa?) and Legend is moving into Baltimore.  Grandeur is also relocating and being replaced by another RCI ship (something with an E?).

13 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Pride is moving (Tampa?) and Legend is moving into Baltimore.  Grandeur is also relocating and being replaced by another RCI ship (something with an E?).

I've looked into baltimore for 2021 atleast up until September and its still showing the pride 

Sorry about the fuzzy memory 😞 .  I remembered reading about it last year and didn't realize it wasn't happening until November 2021. It looks like Grandeur is leaving the RCI fleet completely in March 2021 and being replaced by Enchantment in late April 2021.

The vision class is NOT one that I would use to experiment on Royal. The lido Buffet placement is quite literally the worst I have ever experienced if you are lido people. It is above the bridge, with 2 circular intersecting tray table rings. It is undersized and people bump into each other all the time. It is about 1/3 the size of the restaurant serving space  of what is on the Pride, and the ship has approx 500 (or so) more pax. 

3 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

The vision class is NOT one that I would use to experiment on Royal. The lido Buffet placement is quite literally the worst I have ever experienced if you are lido people. It is above the bridge, with 2 circular intersecting tray table rings. It is undersized and people bump into each other all the time. It is about 1/3 the size of the restaurant serving space  of what is on the Pride, and the ship has approx 500 (or so) more pax. 

this reminds of the odd lido buffet layout on the sunshine

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

this reminds of the odd lido buffet layout on the sunshine

It is worse. I attached a stock photo. You can see how it creates a bottleneck. People enter from both sides, it isn’t a “one way only” design. People pass back and forth and ran into each other. People also jump back and forth between the inner and outer loop and this causes crowding and backups. 

4D6DAD9D-72F2-4D2D-8759-935FCA34AA69.jpeg

Just now, UPNYGuy said:

It is worse. I attached a stock photo. You can see how it creates a bottleneck. People enter from both sides, it isn’t a “one way only” design. People pass back and forth and ran into each other. People also jump back and forth between the inner and outer loop and this causes crowding and backups. 

4D6DAD9D-72F2-4D2D-8759-935FCA34AA69.jpeg

this is a decent photo that shows the size of the lido tray tables too. Keep in mind this is a 2500 pax ship. 

Norfolk has the Sunrise in Spring and the Radiance in the Autumn of this year (2020), but nothing scheduled for 2021 so far, as far as I can tell.

The Magic is scheduled for New York in the Summer season for 2021, and Norfolk usually gets Spring / Fall; she does have some gaps in her schedule for May/June and October, so maybe that'll be the ship for Norfolk. That would be exciting!