Seattle - Hotel Options for Family of 5

uvadover

Departing on Ovation on 8/7 and looking for a place to stay for 2-3 nights before the cruise.  We are a family of 5 - two adults, and kids aged 10/7/3.  Looking for a recommendation on where to stay - ideally looking for moderate-priced options, within reasonable walking distance of Pike's Place Market, ideally with a nice view (either City facing or Mountain facing).  Most rooms fit 3-4 folks, and I haven't found any hotels that guarantee connecting rooms.  So looking for a place with a larger suite and/or connecting rooms.

Honestly, your best options are probably hotels closer to Seattle Center.  I don't think you will find anything 'moderately priced' at the height of the summer season.  Another option would be to stay closer to the airport and take the light rail (LINK) into DT Seattle.  Still another possibility is to do AirBnB or VRBO rental and stay in a local Seattle neighborhood and use the Metro bus system or Uber to travel around.  Neighborhoods might include Queen Anne or Ballard.

It's good that you are starting to look now.  Good luck.

Thanks.  Probably also helps for me to quantify "moderate."  Up to $500-600 a night, considering we are a family of 5.  I've never done the AirBnB thing.  Will research that if hotel options are infeasible.  Thanks for your help.

I'd definitely look in Seattle Center - IIRC the Hampton Inn there has some larger suites, and it's not just a cheaper 'hood it would be a much nicer one with kids than near the market... Science Center, lots of green space, quieter streets, and plenty of family-friendly restos around.

• Like 1

Look at the Residence Inn on Lake Union.  They have 2-bedroom suites, breakfast is included, and the streetcar to downtown Seattle is at the front door.  It's across the street from Lake Union, with restaurants and a great park, as well as the Museum of History and Industry, a terrific place for the kids.  https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sealu-residence-inn-seattle-downtown-lake-union/

• Like 1

Last year we stayed at the Homewood Suites near the Seattle Center before starting our HAL Alaska Cruise.  We had a family group and the facility had two bedroom units with a sofa bed in the living room.  It was about a 20 minute walk to Pike Place Market and 15 minutes (uphill) to the Seattle Center.  We did not have great views, but rooms meet our needs.  We used Lyft for transport from the airport and to the cruise port.

We just booked a suite - 2 queens and a sofa bed, with full kitchenette.  Complimentary full breakfast and shuttle 4x/day to the sightseeing sites for $189.65/night.  They will also secure shuttle transfer via private car from airport/to ship for $75 for the group

Hotel Nexus (Best Western).  2140 N Northgate Way, Seattle

We have a timeshare that includes a Seattle location that is available for those dates at $338 total for 3 nights but not in a room that would work for you 😞 (they have 1br and 2br units but only studios available for these dates). 

If anyone else on that cruise needs a Hotel let me know...happy to book it for you at cost. 

WM.PNG