Steak House with Kids

Kudos2Fly

People who have taken their kids to the steak house how did it go? Our grandkids will be 10 and 12. We're thinking of taking them on a cruise in June. I know they could handle sitting for 2 hours. They have been on cruises before. But I'm wondering did your kids enjoy the experience?

4 minutes ago, dd likes to cruise said:

No experience here, but what I would do is see how they do in the MDR first. You will quickly see how they like the sitting etc.  

They have done the main dining room before. They did fine, trying to expand their "dining" experiences.

We took my son last year at 3 and he was use to sitting for the MDR but didn’t do well in the steak house for some reason. Could have been an off day for him though. I think a 10 year old would do really well. I would have enjoyed it a lot !

We have been taking my son to the steakhouse since he was 8.  It is his favorite place to eat on the ship (besides pizza).  He has always done well, but I make sure to bring something to occupy him if he gets antsy.  I say go ahead and enjoy the experience.

Thanks for the replies. His sister would do better then the "boy" would. But we did allow him to use my husbands 360 camera in Russia which is not cheap. He can be a "Man" when he needs to be, but also can go all "Boy" in a flip of a switch.  He did real well with the camera in Russia. 

Although we decided not to do the Steak House as we will be spending money on Segway Tours and doing a cruise during June which increases the cost of the cruise by a lot.... So we think both would enjoy Segways over a 2 hour dinner. 

Although our next cruise we will do the Steak House.... 

Edited by Kudos2Fly
  • Like 1