MSC CDN TA -- transferring booking

xcell

So I booked a cruise via the MSC Canadian website and wanted it transferred to my TA.

It's been 3 weeks and nothing has been transferred. My TA has been following up with the MSC Canadian company and they said, since I paid the deposit, they have to go to accounting to release the funds and then transfer the booking and put the funds back in.

has anyone had to deal with Transferring a booking from MSC to their TA? When I did this for my 1st two MSC cruise (but using the USA website) it was never this difficult.

It seems the CDN site has a lot of bugs to work out.

Yes, did this recently. My TA sent me a transfer request form from her agency which I completed and forwarded to MSC. Was notified by MSc that they had received my request which had been done by them. This took about 4 days if I remember correctly.

It's been over 4 weeks and this is the same email MSC Canada has been sending my TA -- it's useless..

"This booking will be credited to your agency for sure this is unfortunately a matter of time.

There is a deposit into the booking so we cannot simply make a transfer we will have to rebook and cancel the previous booking. However the issue here is that we cannot make a new booking as the inventory is sold out so we cannot replicate the booking and we cannot make a transfer of agency as there is money in the booking.

So our only option here is to request the deposit to be temporary removed from the booking to allow me to credit the booking to your agency.

The request has been sent to our Finance Department so I will get back to you once the correction has been made."

Finally the cruise booking has been transferred to my TA but the transfer was not as smooth as it should have been.

The last nail in the coffin was they charged me about $100 more but luckily I had a picture of the original cruise price and they are (hopefully) adjusting it.

When I originally booked, all they sent me was that I put down $198 deposit, booking number and cruise but never a breakdown of the cost. When I was originally transferring this on Jan 7th, my TA ask for info, so I took every screen shot I had of the booking (from their website, not the confirmation email), otherwise I would have no proof of the lower cost.

This has been an ordeal (not life altering but it should have been simpler) -- I think MSC should review the CDN website/partner -- the US was better.