Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic???

Laszlo

On 8/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, mrspaper said:

Please post back here after you visit in Nov

Will do. The cruisemapper site linked above shows our ship will be docking at Amber Cove. Research on Google says the new port will not open until the end of this year, and we all know about construction delays, so who knows? I have decided to go to Ocean World for the day, just not ready to go off exploring yet. Sticking with NCL excursions this trip.

7 minutes ago, snowcamper said:

Will do. The cruisemapper site linked above shows our ship will be docking at Amber Cove. Research on Google says the new port will not open until the end of this year, and we all know about construction delays, so who knows? I have decided to go to Ocean World for the day, just not ready to go off exploring yet. Sticking with NCL excursions this trip.

Amber cove has been open a few years. I have alot of ship OBC, so just signed up for dolphin swim

On 8/27/2021 at 2:58 PM, mrspaper said:

I will do so. Too sad if they didn't improve safety enough

Safety in the Caribbean is a difficult thing to find.  We have seen in Jamaica a woman being pulled across the sand into the rocks.  She was going to go up in the air with a kite being pulled by a speedboat.  We booked a catamaran and there were so many people that there were no seats left.  Sometimes those tours are not as fabulous a journey.  A lot of checking needs to be done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/19/2021 at 8:40 PM, Desert Diamond said:

While looking for info about Puerta Plata I found this link. It gives some fairly recent updates on the status of the construction there.

Puerto Plata Taino Bay to welcome cruise ships and Virgin can't wait (seatrade-cruise.com)

Looks like our MSC Seascape cruise will be the first to stop at the new port on 12/15.  Exciting to see it's closer to the downtown and beach resort areas than Amber Cove.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, PNW cruising said:

I saw in comments somewhere that there is a free lazy river near the Puerto Plata cruise port.  Does anyone know about this?   Will it be close to the port that NCL goes to?

It's at the port where NCL docks. It's called Taino Bay and is a gorgeous resort area. Search on YouTube. Lots of good videos.