Breakaway May 31, Got upgrade email...Now What? Help please

Mikiejag

So I usually book through my TA which is why I never have received one of these offers before, but this one coming up actually booked on the last cruise then carried it over.

They are both balcony's, near the rear.  Nothing great, 10th floor, so on. One room has 3 the other 4.  I know what the NCL site says, I am looking for that practical, I did it and here's what happened type of help.

The Mini-suite balcony upgrade starts at $25pp

The Spa balcony upgrade starts at $75pp.

The Spa Mini-suite balcony starts at $100pp.

The Haven Forward facing penthouse at $500.

Ok, no doubt, would jump on the Haven, with just me and the wife, but I hear like a balcony, once you go Haven, you never go less....LOL...So thats basically out for 4 people or 3 people. This cruise is the final family vacation before graduations, life's and such, so makes is a little complicated.  I figure the Mini-suit at another $75-100 is a no brainier.

However, I seem to have lost any previous posts talking about this stuff...lol...So...

What are the odds of winning at the lowest bid?

If one room wins and the other doesn't, do I have to take the upgrade?  (I remember this one is yes, I think)

Is the Spa balcony that much better than the mini-suite balcony?

I am of course going to give it a go, no harm no fowl, only because of the number of people involved, the price goes up and the kids have already paid their portion, so the cost would be a gift from me, and for me...:)

Thanks for any help, I need to go search again for those threads...I seem to think there was a FAQ on it somewhere. 

If you have more than one cabin, the chance of being near each other if upgraded is slim, and you can’t turn it down. What ship? A spa balcony is a regular balcony close to the spa and comes with spa passes (value depends on the ship). Mini suites are balcony cabins with bigger bathrooms.

the chances of both cabins being upgraded are a real gamble... however, the chances of being upgraded at minimum bid is good....I would go for the spa mini suite - the spa itself is $199 a person - so you'd get the spa membership for less than half.

4 hours ago, Mikiejag said:

So I usually book through my TA which is why I never have received one of these offers before, but this one coming up actually booked on the last cruise then carried it over.

They are both balcony's, near the rear.  Nothing great, 10th floor, so on. One room has 3 the other 4.  I know what the NCL site says, I am looking for that practical, I did it and here's what happened type of help.

The Mini-suite balcony upgrade starts at $25pp

The Spa balcony upgrade starts at $75pp.

The Spa Mini-suite balcony starts at $100pp.

The Haven Forward facing penthouse at $500.

Ok, no doubt, would jump on the Haven, with just me and the wife, but I hear like a balcony, once you go Haven, you never go less....LOL...So thats basically out for 4 people or 3 people. This cruise is the final family vacation before graduations, life's and such, so makes is a little complicated.  I figure the Mini-suit at another $75-100 is a no brainier.

However, I seem to have lost any previous posts talking about this stuff...lol...So...

What are the odds of winning at the lowest bid?

If one room wins and the other doesn't, do I have to take the upgrade?  (I remember this one is yes, I think)

Is the Spa balcony that much better than the mini-suite balcony?

I am of course going to give it a go, no harm no fowl, only because of the number of people involved, the price goes up and the kids have already paid their portion, so the cost would be a gift from me, and for me...:)

Thanks for any help, I need to go search again for those threads...I seem to think there was a FAQ on it somewhere. 

Check the current prices on your cruise. I am sailing May 3, prices dropped this weekend. I was upgraded from Sail Away Balcony to Mini Suite Balcony as a comp. 

1 minute ago, janotay said:

Check the current prices on your cruise. I am sailing May 3, prices dropped this weekend. I was upgraded from Sail Away Balcony to Mini Suite Balcony as a comp. 

Also there are two couples/two cabins and we both got the upgrade again at no cost.

The spa balcony on the breakaway is maximum three person only, and Mini suite is four person, but there is exactly one four person spa mini so the odds of you both getting upgraded are extremely low to spa cabins, and no if only one cabin gets upgraded you cannot decline, enjoy the lovely breakaway

Well, I just threw down $50, for both rooms.  Figure a total of $100, doesn't hurt and best case get a mini suite...

And my room tossed down the $200, but knowing there is only one 4 person room, guess that makes it a looser...LOL

Minimum's cause I am happy with the current selection, but still trying, cause why not?  :)