CPAP pre order or bring own water?

airlink diva

Hi - You can request distilled water in advance or after you get on board. They will also supply a long extension cord. All at no additional charge. 

Requests in advance can be done on-line thru Celebrity's website, by phone or thru your TA.

We called Celebrity directly in advance. If the water and cord aren’t in our stateroom, we will just do a gentle request to our room steward. 

• Thanks 1

Unlike a certain European cruise line who initially suggest you take your own water and extension lead, even though they prohibit leads, much like airlines prohibit taking litre bottles of water from home.  Then don’t have extension leads and want to charge you €10 per litre which you have to pick up yourself from their medical facility.....

Like others have said contact the special needs.

Tell them you need an Extention cord and distilled water for the CPAP.

I use a CPAP and Special needs got back to me and said that the Extention cord and distilled water would be in my cabin at no extra cost.

I usually sail Hal and Hal charges anywhere from 2.95 to 4.95 for a gallon of distilled water.

1 hour ago, liketraveling said:

Like others have said contact the special needs.

Tell them you need an Extention cord and distilled water for the CPAP.

I use a CPAP and Special needs got back to me and said that the Extention cord and distilled water would be in my cabin at no extra cost.

I usually sail Hal and Hal charges anywhere from 2.95 to 4.95 for a gallon of distilled water.

You use your full size CPAP or do you have the smaller travel size machine?

6 hours ago, airlink diva said:

Sailing on Equinox in August.   Wasn't aware until this morning one of our party has a CPAP machine.   Can we pre order distilled water to be in her cabin, wait until on board  or purchased and walk on with it?

Attached is the Celebrity Guest Special Needs form for the member in your party. If your party member is booked through a TA, have the TA submit the completed form to Celebrity. If the party member booked on their own, then they can submit the completed form direct to Celebrity.

Some important information from the form:

...In order to provide you with the best accessible cruise experience possible, please submit the Guest Special Needs Form at time of booking but no later than 30 days prior to sailing, except for sign language interpreting requests which must be submitted 60 days prior to sailing. This will allow us to make the necessary arrangements for your requested accommodations...

and

... For more information contact our Access Department at (866) 592-7225 (voice) or local number (954) 628-9708, fax (954) 628-9622, send an e-mail to special_needs@celebrity.com, or have your local Travel Agent or International Representative contact us...

Celebrity-Guest-Special-Needs-Form.pdf

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, need2cruisesoon said:

You use your full size CPAP or do you have the smaller travel size machine?

It's not mine but one of my relatives who just started using one within the past year.  She has traveled road trips with it,but not on a cruise and asked me