Whale watching in Juneau

alasbound

We are a group of six adults looking to cruise Alaska in June or July this year.  We must do the roundtrip from Seattle.  I'm worried because many of the cruises that I otherwise like don't get in to Juneau until 11:00am or even 2:30 pm.  We want to see whales in Juneau. A priority.  Are we likely to be able to get on a whale watching tour in the afternoon?  Or do I really need to push for a cruise arriving earlier?  I went many years ago and did a tour with Orca (loved it), which I know is no longer in business.  I haven't seen many comments about Harv and Marv, are they still a recommended tour?  I have seen good reviews for Jayleen.  Any suggestions for us? Thanks for any advice!

Edited by alasbound

We have gone with Jayleen's Alaska 6 times with two more trips planned for this May.  If interested, contact Jayleen directly to see what times she has to offer.  I know she does whale watching excursions in the morning and afternoon.  She has two boats so she can offer more whale watching opportunities.  Here is Jayleen's website information.  Also, if interested, she has lots of reviews on TripAdvisor that you can look at.

https://jayleensalaska.com/

18 hours ago, alasbound said:

We are a group of six adults looking to cruise Alaska in June or July this year.  We must do the roundtrip from Seattle.  I'm worried because many of the cruises that I otherwise like don't get in to Juneau until 11:00am or even 2:30 pm.  We want to see whales in Juneau. A priority.  Are we likely to be able to get on a whale watching tour in the afternoon?  Or do I really need to push for a cruise arriving earlier?  I went many years ago and did a tour with Orca (loved it), which I know is no longer in business.  I haven't seen many comments about Harv and Marv, are they still a recommended tour?  I have seen good reviews for Jayleen.  Any suggestions for us? Thanks for any advice!

Do you realize that it is not going to get dark in Juneau that time of year until around midnight, or even later? Don't be concerned with a late arrival, you will have plenty of time to go whale watching.  Tours run until  late evening.

I did realize that it would light until very late, but I didn't know about the whale watching tours.  I was afraid there would be a morning and an afternoon tour and that especially the 2:30 arrival, would be too late.  Thank you so much for that information!  That gives me more options.

You will have a high likelihood (almost 100%) of seeing good whale viewings day or evening.  Many times, we have gone in the afternoon and seen breaching and bubble net feeding.  You will have a great time!!

Jules

• Like 1