Escape Secrets and Tips

knsky

Pincho is the best! Escape is the only ship that has it and I miss it every time I sail on another ship. I never bother using a specialty dining credit there. Just pay a la carte for what I want. I specifically LOVE their cheese tray.

Howl at the Moon is also a must. You can come and go any time during the performances, but get their early if you want to be sure to get a seat.

Finally, do NOT miss Choir of Man!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Pincho is the best! Escape is the only ship that has it and I miss it every time I sail on another ship. I never bother using a specialty dining credit there. Just pay a la carte for what I want. I specifically LOVE their cheese tray.

Howl at the Moon is also a must. You can come and go any time during the performances, but get their early if you want to be sure to get a seat.

Finally, do NOT miss Choir of Man!

Thank You! Appreciate the info. Will definitely try Pincho. Can't wait to see the shows too.Hope its not too snowy up there! Just raining in the city.

I agree with the shows in Howl at the Moon and every other evening entertainment in that venue!     The main theater productions are very, very weak for NCL.   I think we walked out of most of them.    But the entertainers in the venue with Howl at the Moon were great!     We loved the hypnotist, the magician, the dueling pianos, basically everything you get tickets for once you get on the ship.   The theater productions are crap compared to the old Jean Ann Ryan professional productions.

I also liked the Cirque show in the dinner theater if they still have that.   Its under rated.   I think we booked this the first evening of the cruise and got a discount because it was the first evening.   

We loved Food Republic, its casual and al a carte but really creative food.   

• Like 1

Don't miss the waterfall feature on Spice h20 deck (right side once you walk in). Adult only, great place to cool off before hanging out on a beach chair and soaking up the sun.

As for any NCL cruise, bring an 80s band shirt bc they usually do 80s night, and bring white or neon-reactive clothes for the white party on deck.

• Like 1

Just now, allyfrizzle said:

Don't miss the waterfall feature on Spice h20 deck (right side once you walk in). Adult only, great place to cool off before hanging out on a beach chair and soaking up the sun.

As for any NCL cruise, bring an 80s band shirt bc they usually do 80s night, and bring white or neon-reactive clothes for the white party on deck.

Thank You Allyfrizzle. We may actually make it to one of those "late" parties now that the kids are older :)

46 minutes ago, Vyhanek said:

I agree with the shows in Howl at the Moon and every other evening entertainment in that venue!     The main theater productions are very, very weak for NCL.   I think we walked out of most of them.    But the entertainers in the venue with Howl at the Moon were great!     We loved the hypnotist, the magician, the dueling pianos, basically everything you get tickets for once you get on the ship.   The theater productions are crap compared to the old Jean Ann Ryan professional productions.

I also liked the Cirque show in the dinner theater if they still have that.   Its under rated.   I think we booked this the first evening of the cruise and got a discount because it was the first evening.   

Hello Vyhanek - Thank you. I remember the Jean Ann Ryan shows. We saw the first one on the Gem years ago.

52 minutes ago, Vyhanek said:

The main theater productions are very, very weak for NCL.   I think we walked out of most of them.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think you are totally off base with that comment and will mislead a lot of cruisers. I think most people would agree that the theatre productions are all excellent. Some of the subject matter may not your cup of tea,  but the performances, staging and execution is nothing less than professional. The theatre shows are one of the main reasons we continue to cruise on NCL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think you are totally off base with that comment and will mislead a lot of cruisers. I think most people would agree that the theatre productions are all excellent. Some of the subject matter may not your cup of tea,  but the performances, staging and execution is nothing less than professional. The theatre shows are one of the main reasons we continue to cruise on NCL.

We also agree that the theater productions - at least on the Escape - were great.  In fact Choir of Man was probably the BEST show we have seen on any cruise - ever.  We would see it again in a heartbeat!

After Midnight was also great, but Choir of Man was the best.

1 hour ago, Vyhanek said:

Was Choir of Man one of the main theater shows when you were on? We thought it was excellent!