Which Cruise line is best for Alaska?

Harrylinden

It's pretty much unanimous, based on those that have done these, that UnCruise, Alaskan Dream and Lindblad are the best. They are all small ships that can get into areas the larger ships can't. They have Kayaks, zodiacs and paddle boards onboard. The food is a step above the main lines. Some of their itineraries  not only go to Glacier Bay they actually overnight there.

The possibilities are practically endless!   When do you want to go? (May - September) How much vacation time do you have?  What do you want to see and experience?   How much can you afford to spend?  How old are the travelers...any kids?

I am no expert. I went on one cruise, on the Celebrity Millennium to Alaska. We (2 couples, age 57 to 65) thoroughly enjoyed this ship and cruise. The Millennium was renovated last year and was very nice. We ate dinner one night with a travel agent who had been on many, many cruises. He said Celebrity was the best. I am sure this is very subjective. All that said, if you are a "the glass is half full" kind of person, you will love any of them. It is a great trip. Pick a cruise and never look back.

• Like 1