Concerns of "the virus"

aburnett

3 hours ago, aburnett said:

Are there legitimate concerns for cruising to the Bahamas due to the coronovirus? Just asking for opinions of fellow cruisers. Thanks!

Howdy from a fellow Texan! emo22.gif 

Thank you for your new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. 👍 

However, please note the following information is at the top of each page in this forum:

Note:  This area is intended only for questions and answers relating to technical assistance in using these message boards.  Please do not post general cruise-related questions or Roll Calls here.

Since your inquiry concerns a specific port,  I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Bahamas forum where it will be more on-topic. I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

4 hours ago, aburnett said:

Are there legitimate concerns for cruising to the Bahamas due to the coronovirus? Just asking for opinions of fellow cruisers. Thanks!

Considering that outside of China, there are fewer than 700 confirmed cases (and over a third of those on the Diamond Princess), I would say the chances are very small.  Catching the flu or Norovirus on a cruise are much more likely but people still cruise all the time. 

We cruising to the Bahamas next week and I'd definitely rather be cruising there right now than anywhere in Asia!

Edited by CruisinCrow