Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach

molly361

We are taking a cruise that is going to dock for the day in Cape Canaveral- does anyone have any information on Cocoa Beach? Is that a town where there is a beach and also shops and restaurants? Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from the pier in Cape Canaveral to Cocoa Beach? Are they readily avaialbe to and from Cape Canaveral to the beach? The ship is offering a shuttle for $18 each round trip (there are four of us) Thanks

Do you like walking? I grew up there and use to walk everywhere. It only about 3 1/2 miles from the port to the pier, then a little further down is Ron Jon's Surf Shop, about 5 miles all together.

When we visit we stay at the Hampton Inn right past Ron Jons and they have a nice walkway to the beach. I did a mapquest from Grills Seafood, right there at the port down to the Hampton Inn. It shows the area and you see everything is right there down Atlantic and A1A, all less than 5 miles.

If you don't want to walk, I would maybe think about renting a car from Budget which is only 1/4 mile from the port. Make reservations before you go, their shuttle can pick you up at the port. It is so easy to get around the area. You can stay on A1A for miles, drive past Patrick Air Force base and many other sites.

If you need anything, WalMart is less than 8 miles away, just turn right onto the 520, cross over the Banana River to Merritt Island (where I lived) and its on the right. There is also a mall on the left side around there too. I'm making myself homesick telling you about all this...I sure hope I can go the reunion in October!! LOL Have a great time.

Teresa

Archived