Second Cruise - Rhapsody of the Seas?

Kingseat

We sailed Jewel last year and had a fantastic time. Good ship, port intensive. Great all round plus our 11 year old was looked after exceptionally well.   This was July 2019. The minor downside is that it was baking hot in Europe!

I am looking at Rhapsody leaving Venice but October this time. 

Are the ships comparable?  Our son will be 12 this time. The cruise is slightly out of peak season but it is school holidays in the UK. 

Has anyone got recent experience of ROTS?

many thanks. 

I would suggest looking at the activities on board for each ship on RC's website.  There is not too big of a difference in the Jewel and Rhapsody for activities for a 12 year old.  I don't believe either has a Flowrider or Water Slides.  

If you want more fun activities like those for your son then you will need to move up to a higher category of ship.  The good news is since he has never had them on a ship before, he won't miss them.  Once he enjoys those activities it is more difficult to cruise without them.  

I loved the Rhapsody as an adult  for the customer service but my 10 year old has asked to sail on the bigger ships in future, there wasn't as much for him to do on Rhapsody, and I was shocked at the kids club cause it was quite a small empty room and the staff were heavily hinting to the kids that they might prefer to be with their families rather than in the kids clubs rather than trying to engage them which Is the first time I've ever experienced this on a cruise ship. My 10 year old spent a lot of time playing board games and cards with us, was nice to spend time with him but the ship was a bit of a disappointment in regards to kids activities. 

We found the golf and basketball and arcade that were on Jewel made a big difference for him, they are not on Rhapsody. Travelled Rhapsody 2 years ago, Jewel last year.

Edited by Nirrakel