Traffic alert port of Miami passengers

david_sobe

Be advised that those coming from the north (Ft Lauderdale) to allow extra time getting to the port of Miami.  All southbound lanes on 95 are closed a few miles north of the port exit.  Officials give no estimate time of reopening.  Please notify your driver of this closure.  This would not impact those staying downtown Miami or west of Miami.

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Be advised that those coming from the north (Ft Lauderdale) to allow extra time getting to the port of Miami.  All southbound lanes on 95 are closed a few miles north of the port exit.  Officials give no estimate time of reopening.  Please notify your driver of this closure.  This would not impact those staying downtown Miami or west of Miami.

There was an accident at the NW 79th St./NW 81st St. interchange that closed all the southbound lanes at 4:56am.  It was reported cleared at 8:18am.  However, there had been a planned construction closure of the right three lanes at NW 62nd St. that was still ongoing at that time. All lanes were reported open as of 8:55am, so there should no longer be a problem at this time (10:10am). In fact, I just checked live traffic via Google Maps and it currently shows all clear with an expected travel time from FLL to the Port of Miami via I-95 of 39 minutes.

53 minutes ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

There was an accident at the NW 79th St./NW 81st St. interchange that closed all the southbound lanes at 4:56am.  It was reported cleared at 8:18am.  However, there had been a planned construction closure of the right three lanes at NW 62nd St. that was still ongoing at that time. All lanes were reported open as of 8:55am, so there should no longer be a problem at this time (10:10am). In fact, I just checked live traffic via Google Maps and it currently shows all clear with an expected travel time from FLL to the Port of Miami via I-95 of 39 minutes.

Glad that it reopened.  There were actually 2 accidents that were not far apart.  Very sad a construction worker got killed