Currency exchange

medi130

On 10/9/2021 at 5:27 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

We buy pesos at the Costco in Chula Vista.  They give a good exchange rate with no fees.

You learn something new every day!  I had no idea Costco provided this service although it makes sense given the number of Mexicans that traditionally shop north of the border to get better US prices.

Is Costco really a good deal compared to all the other "casas de cambio" that are all over San Ysidro and Otay?  I can see exchanging money as part of a shopping trip, but do you actually go to Costco just to buy pesos?

Thanks

Edited by SelectSys

On 10/16/2021 at 11:32 AM, SelectSys said:

You learn something new every day!  I had no idea Costco provided this service although it makes sense given the number of Mexicans that traditionally shop north of the border to get better US prices.

Is Costco really a good deal compared to all the other "casas de cambio" that are all over San Ysidro and Otay?  I can see exchanging money as part of a shopping trip, but do you actually go to Costco just to buy pesos?

Thanks

We do go just to buy pesos.  There's no fee's and the exchange rate is more than most of the money exchange places on both sides of the border.  It's fairly quick as there's a walk up window that only does currency.  I usually take in USD even though they will take debit cards.  But to use a debit card they want two forms of photo ID if you are doing more than $400 USD.  I believe the Costco on Broadway is the only one that does the currency sales.  

• Like 1