OceanReady & Medallions in the mail...

PRNole47

5 hours ago, weedpindle said:

You do nothing except bring them with you when you board the ship.

Which, of course, I'm doing, along with luggage and other personal items I need on the cruise.

I must assume, then, that they auto-link and no one has to do it manually.

Thanks.

There isn't any link.  This is just an RFID chip like credit cards or actually a bit more like Disney magic bands since it has both short and long range RFID with a battery.  The ship computers track the chip as a number, including when you get on and off the ship.  Computers know who that number is and associate that with your account and picture. 

When you are on the ship you can find your party or order a drink (or room service) with the app in many locations, but you don't really need the app unless you want to look up your account balance.  Medallion is used primarily to unlock your cabin door, buy stuff, and get on and off ship.

DO NOT pack your medallion in your luggage.  You will use it to check in and board.

One thing I'd recommend though - bring your printed out boarding pass.  Couldn't believe it, but they actually wanted to see that before going through the security scanners in FLL despite having our Medallions visible and ready to use.  I was lucky I printed them out.  Once past that point, they used the Medallions.  I didn't experience this at other ports at all.

It really didn’t speed up checking we arrived at noon, security first needed medallion, next line needed medallion and passports, then Health questionnaire. They went over the questions about out of the country, probably because of virus. Then on the ship took about 40 minutes.