A brief review for the nonagenarian demographic

sunsetsoon

23 hours ago, sunsetsoon said:

Excellent idea, Sandy. A book club without a book - I like that. Not to mention More Musings from Ms. Mary - which will be the title of my next thread and that could happen January 2021. It seems Aprille has booked us on the Encore out of Miama on a round trip Panama cruise - 12 days no less. I will definitely stay with this thread but I have made some new rules for myself. We can talk about that tomorrow. In the meantime feel free to talk amongst yourselves and start remembering funny cruise stories. You are pretty good with words youself Sandy and even better with ideas. Cheers right back atcha my Canadian friend.

Am I the only "More Musings from Ms. Mary" fan that has now looked up the details on this January 2021 Encore sailing and considered booking to cruise with Ms. Mary? Oh, my... I hope I am not being creepy! 🙈

• Like 2

It seems like I have been on a 'cruise high' for the past 12 days. I enjoyed it immensely but I sorta crash landed last night. For the first time since I got home I was totally exhausted. And all the bad news about this coronavirus thing didn't help. I sat in my recliner, in my jammies, holding my Kindle that I really didn't want to read - and pondered. I wanted to keep posting but to be honest this thread had sorta taken over my life for 12 days. I decided if this thread showed up on page 1 again I would post some more - and it did and I will - but with some self imposed guide lines for myself.

First I will stay on topic - Aprille patiently explained that the topic is cruising on NCL. That's pretty confining don't you think? But I will try and when I get off topic I will type fast as I can and get back on topic. That's the best I can promise on that subject.

I guess we will see how I do with "first" before I go on to 'second' - full disclosure - I haven't even come up with 'second' yet. Let's do it one step at a time.

I've definitely decided not to tell you about my attempt to program a TV remote. I can pretend it's because it's not on topic but the real reason is because I don't come out looking good in that one. I may or may not talk about pickles some time in the future - I can cheat on that one and it would be on topic - but just barely. It's not a great story so I am going to start with 'my favorite souvenir' but not until tomorrow.

I have lots of words but not enough words to describe how you people - with your kind comments and encouragement - have made my heart sing.

emoji singing heart

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh Mary...take your time...your fans will wait:-)  You are a breath of fresh air in my life and I think maybe you should take your 'musings' to another level.  I guess Aprille is right (damn kids:-) and maybe another venue might be better only because I think a lot of us here aren't just interested in your cruising.  We're enjoying you writing about your everyday life & beyond.  Whatever else happens...please don't stop writing.  If you think about it....it's not unlike your scrapbooking.  It's putting history to pages. 

So are we off to the Floataway Lounge?  I've never been there but I'm game!

• Like 2

Yes Sandy - we are off to the Floataway Lunge. I will head over there in the morning and start a thread - and of course the title will be More musings from Ms. Mary. I will come back over here and post a link. Or maybe I will have Aprille post a link. I'm relieved and happy to finally make this decision.

• Like 6

Well, I have binge read this tonight, and stayed up well past my bedtime. I just couldn't stop reading, and laughing and hoping that your next cruise was one I have booked. I will now go to find you in your new home Ms. Mary. Thank you for being such a delight, and for sharing your *glass half full* stories with all of us! 💗

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@sunsetsoon

Ms. Mary  --  I started reading your review, when you first posted & then was off-line for quite a while & just picked this back up & finished...

Thanks for the marvelous review & musings...

We lost my Mom in 2007 & the 2 of you would have gotten on famously!!! 

She also enjoyed writing & wrote a book - we found the CD's when cleaning out her home.
My one sister promised to pull the book together - we have yet to see it...
Mom did write a cook-book for us "50 Years Cooking with Katie" and we each received an autographed copy at her final Christmas (little did we know it was to be her final Christmas)...

I'm headed over to the Float Away Lounge to catch you there.

Cheers  --  Von

Edited by Von & John

• 2 years later...

Just have to BUMP this thread.......Sunsetsoon has gained her angel wings and will be forever missed by so many wonderful readers and followers of her threads on CC.

She had such a way with words and kept us all entertained for several years.  The ONLY positive is that she is now with her beloved Glenn and daughter Aprille enjoying being a family together again.

I looked forward to having my first cup of coffee and reading her blog entries over on Floataway Lounge every day.  Those of us on her group page will carry on with heavy hearts for a while.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1