Horizon Daily Newsletter

wowzz

Just an observation, but on our recent cruise on Oceana, the Horizon Newsletter advertised a specific venue and time for a specific group. No mention of a CC meet up.

A pity, as it would have been good to meet up with other CC posters. 

I wonder if this is a specific anti CC decision by P&O,  or just because our numbers are so few?

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just an observation, but on our recent cruise on Oceana, the Horizon Newsletter advertised a specific venue and time for a specific group. No mention of a CC meet up.

A pity, as it would have been good to meet up with other CC posters. 

I wonder if this is a specific anti CC decision by P&O,  or just because our numbers are so few?

It's tricky though Wowzz as, although we banter on here, I doubt everyone would want to meet us and prefer their own space. 

It's effectively an anonymous site and I think many like that. 

We are the opposite, we would happily meet all of you, (yes, even him😊) but wouldn't want to impose ourselves on anyone, so tend to not suggest or arrange anything. 

Andy 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's tricky though Wowzz as, although we banter on here, I doubt everyone would want to meet us and prefer their own space. 

We are the opposite, we would happily meet all of you, (yes, even him😊) but wouldn't want to impose ourselves on anyone, so tend to not suggest or arrange anything. 

Andy 

I agree Andy.

The Americans on RC seem to like clichés but most Brits are more introverted.

People will recognise you and Michelle and Pauline and I through our photos on here and it would be nice to chat without getting into a regular group as most of us probably like doing our own thing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Personally we'd love to meet up with you and Michelle. In fact if we shared a table with you in the MDR it would be the only cruise I'd lose weight on. I'd be laughing too much to eat anything 😆.

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Personally we'd love to meet up with you and Michelle. In fact if we shared a table with you in the MDR it would be the only cruise I'd lose weight on. I'd be laughing too much to eat anything 😆.

Eh?  Have you heard his joke(s)? 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

And we would love to meet you too, the other person who gets my sense of humour... 🤔

Michelle would be rolling her eyes as she has heard all the jokes before😊

Andy 

Edited by AndyMichelle
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

For a couple of oldies Frank and myself have a weird sense of humour, but then to go cruising  you need one 😉.

Yep, that's half the fun. 

A lot of what people find offensive, we find hilarious, like the 'bun sniffer' in the buffet who seemed to pick up every bakery item, sniff it, then put it back.. 😊

It wasn't nice, but she obviously wasn't all the ticket, so difficult to get angry.. 

It just confirmed to us that the mdr is much more civilised... 

Andy 

11 hours ago, HappyGiraffe said:

They organise group meetings on request, so presumably no-one on your cruise contacted them to ask for a CC one. If you'd like to meet up with CC people on your next cruise, the info on how to arrange a meet up is in the FAQs here: https://www.pocruises.com/frequently-asked-questions.ceremonies-at-sea.FAQ348.summary

I arranged a meet-up on a recent Arcadia cruise. P &O could not have been more helpful and they even included it in horizon. For that cruise we had a lot of people on the roll call (30+) so the meet up was worthwhile. Sadly, many roll calls are poorly populated on here, the Iona maiden which was started 12 months ago only has around 10 of the 5-6000 passengers who are booked onto the cruise.

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

I arranged a meet-up on a recent Arcadia cruise. P &O could not have been more helpful and they even included it in horizon. For that cruise we had a lot of people on the roll call (30+) so the meet up was worthwhile. Sadly, many roll calls are poorly populated on here, the Iona maiden which was started 12 months ago only has around 10 of the 5-6000 passengers who are booked onto the cruise.

Yes, I think UK cruisers at least, use different ways to arrange roll calls. I am on one roll call which already has over 60 participants, with 11 months still to go before the start of the cruise. 

15 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yep, that's half the fun. 

A lot of what people find offensive, we find hilarious, like the 'bun sniffer' in the buffet who seemed to pick up every bakery item, sniff it, then put it back.. 😊

It wasn't nice, but she obviously wasn't all the ticket, so difficult to get angry.. 

It just confirmed to us that the mdr is much more civilised... 

Andy 

Wow! I'm really glad I had my specs on when I read that. I would have been imaging all sorts of things if I'd misread it 😆.

• Like 1