Oasis Playmakers and NHL

Playmakers equipped ships did license additional sports content and there have been some hockey games on at PM but...  they may not have your hockey game.

Plan B is streaming to a tablet or laptop.  Some phones and tablet apps use GPS to ensure you are in a home territory so sometimes laptops are safer for streaming when out of the country.  

I was frustrated last week on Mariner that I couldn't watch the Raptors go for 16 in a row. A friend told me that last year he could not watch Raptors PLAYOFF games on their cruise either. The reason is that they primarily subscribe to ESPN. So if it's on ESPN you get it, if not, you're SOL.

What they SHOULD do, is subscribe to NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and FIFA (and/or other major soccer leagues) directly to get better coverage if someone asks for a specific game.

• Like 1

Even during the NCAA tournament they had 1 channel that had basketball on, and it would jump around between games.  You could catch the first half of a game then they would switch to another game at halftime and never come back.  We ended up bringing laptops to Playmakers and watching on that...drew a bit of a crowd all huddled around the little screen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lugger11 said:

I was frustrated last week on Mariner that I couldn't watch the Raptors go for 16 in a row. A friend told me that last year he could not watch Raptors PLAYOFF games on their cruise either. The reason is that they primarily subscribe to ESPN. So if it's on ESPN you get it, if not, you're SOL.

What they SHOULD do, is subscribe to NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and FIFA (and/or other major soccer leagues) directly to get better coverage if someone asks for a specific game.

agreed and go Raps!

41 minutes ago, jungle1 said:

Even during the NCAA tournament they had 1 channel that had basketball on, and it would jump around between games.  You could catch the first half of a game then they would switch to another game at halftime and never come back.  We ended up bringing laptops to Playmakers and watching on that...drew a bit of a crowd all huddled around the little screen.

I can picture it now, with a smile on my face.