A messed-up reservation and a cancellation threat - ??

jhaagens

So, this is the situation. 

We are 43 days out, on a Super Family reservation.  We are paid in full. When our cabins were assigned, they assigned me and one child to one cabin, Husband and other child to the other.  Since both of our kids are over 18, I called MSC customer service yesterday to see if I could just shuffle people around so that Husband and I are in one cabin, two kids are in the other.  This seems like it should be easy, but it was not.

End result of call...  they moved us all around, BUT somehow in the process, our booking codes changed from 1 Family Cabin, to two B2 cabins....  and the system now thinks we owe an extra $1800.

CS rep gave me an email to contact to get this straightened out. I emailed them last night, but haven't heard back yet.

This morning, however, I received an email from Billing saying that we still owed $1800 and if it wasn't paid by the end of the day, our booking would be cancelled. I assume this is an automatic email.

I am actually okay if that happens -- I'm fine with rebooking, as we could book under the All-In package and come out close to even.

What I'm concerned about is this -- if they cancel our reservation because they think we haven't paid in full, before they work out the kinks from the mistake they made, will I also be forfeiting deposits, portions of the fare?

Anyone have any wisdom?