Dark beer and/or IPA on the Sky Princess

lindaco

When we were on in December, the menu's said they had Lagunitas IPA (but, I think it was actually the Lil Sumpin Sumpin, have them show you the bottle 1st.) I have also found that various Princess ship's have Ballast Point Sculpin, but, it's touch & go. Sky had it on the Aft Bar, as did the Regal, other bars may have had it. I'm not sure if they're just selling it off, but, it's not been on the beer list since summer. This was a bar menu from December on the Sky... I just bought about 6 cans of beer at Total Wine & More and put them in my suitcase... I don't smuggle because os the cost, but, because of the selection.

IMG_20191204_134435.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

I don't smuggle because os the cost, but, because of the selection.

My wife's comment when I read this to her, "I feel his pain!"  She is always disappointed by the lack of good beer when we cruise. The only times we have good beer when cruising is when we're in port.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria...

• Like 2

Beer selection is always one of the least enjoyable aspects of cruising to me.  The only exception to this for me was on the NCL Escape which has a pretty nicely stocked draft bar.  Alaska cruises usually put on some decent bottled beers from Alaska brewing.  Other than that it's just the lame selection the major distributor supplies.   Like Thrak we always seek out brew pubs in port.

• Like 1