Princess debarkation tour from Civitavecchia to Rome

Alaskanb

We will be arriving in Civitavecchia on Monday, Nov 8, 2021, and are looking at the debarkation tour  that stops at St Paul's Basilica and drives by other sites. It stops at Ostiense station and FCO airport. We would continue to the airport and probably stay at the Hilton. 

Has anyone done this tour? any comments? alternatives?

Thanks. 

Last November, we used RomeinLimo for our Rome city tour. We were picked up at the cruise port, toured the city all day and they dropped us at our hotel at days end.   We stayed at the Best Western FCO.  It was nice, clean and not nearly as expensive as the Hilton.  They had a shuttle to the airport for a few euros.   I highly recommend researching RomeinLimo. Their service is wonderful. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sailaway2joy said:

Last November, we used RomeinLimo for our Rome city tour. We were picked up at the cruise port, toured the city all day and they dropped us at our hotel at days end.   We stayed at the Best Western FCO.  It was nice, clean and not nearly as expensive as the Hilton.  They had a shuttle to the airport for a few euros.   I highly recommend researching RomeinLimo. Their service is wonderful. 

I absolutely agree.  They are wonderful.  We have them booked for two tours this summer (Rome and Florence) and have used them for 5 previous tours.  You can’t go wrong.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

We will be arriving in Civitavecchia on Monday, Nov 8, 2021, and are looking at the debarkation tour  that stops at St Paul's Basilica and drives by other sites. It stops at Ostiense station and FCO airport. We would continue to the airport and probably stay at the Hilton. 

Has anyone done this tour? any comments? alternatives?

Thanks. 

We did the Princess post Rome excursion Nov 2019 ending up at the airport.  We disembarkd on a Sunday and we had been notified in advance by Princess that one place would been closed on Sunday. A great tour to get to the airport with seeing tourists sites without having to have a shuttle from hotel to airport in the morning for flight.   There is a lot of walking with this excursion. You have an audio system to hear the guide. The guide gave us free time in the St Paul’s Basilica as she was not allowed to give a tour talk inside. Bathroom stop before entering. The bus stops to let people off at the train station.  We continued on to the airport.  One stop at the airport for passengers.  We asked at the information desk where our airline counter was for the morning so we knew In advance.  You take the elevator up for the Hilton and follow the signs.  GET A FREE LUGGAGE TROLLEY.  IT IS A LONG LONG WALK (at least 4 moving side walks) to elevator to ground level for the Hilton.  There may not be a trolley near the hotel in the morning.  We had dinner in the Hilton and Buffet breakfast was included.  Time yourself going so you know how long it will take you in the morning.  I would stay there again.

Purchase your excursion ticket early as the price had increased after I purchased mine.

• Thanks 1