Help!!!! Refund Problem

scapino

I hope that someone can get me in touch with or lead me in the right direction to get this problem resolved.

In a nut shell - Booked Majesty 2/19. Had to cancel. Cancel on 12/14. I knew there would be a penalty. Was told by my TA that refund would take 2-4 weeks. Got a partial refund on 1/26 (6 weeks after the fact) and am still awaiting the remainder. TA told me (1/23) that NCL mistakenly applied the remainder of my refund toward someone elses sailing, that they would correct the problem and issue a check immediately. Well, that never happened.

Last week my agent pretty much said, sorry, it's out of my hands. And now the TA isn't returning my call.

Is there a # to contact NCL directly, will they even talk to me directly? I feel that I've been fairly patient but I need/want my money ($1840).

It's the 1st time I've used this agent but it's a local high profile cruise agent. Someone will tell me to go to her store front and face her but she's out of her home.

Hope someone can suggest a plan of attack for me.

My first thought would be to try calling NCL and see if you can get anyone to give you some facts. Sounds to me like your travel agent is perhaps being less than truthful. :(

I'd love to hear from Seahorse or NMNita on this, as they are both TA's and could certainly give a reasonable opinion as to whether or not this situation sounds plausible, and could probably offer sound advice as well! ;)

I wish you good luck on a speedy resolution!

I'm not 100% certain, but my guess would be it would be best to call the Reservations Desk, and pose your dilemna to them, asking for their recommendation on who to speak to. Their number is 800-327-7030.

Or, if you are already a Latitudes Member, you could also attempt to gain assistance from them. Their number is 800-343-0098.

I'm wishing you good luck. Please be sure and post your results! ;)

I was able to get some info out of Res. They're not suppose to when an agent is involved but I got a hold of someone with a heart. It seems that my refund probably did not make it to the snail mail pile until sometime late last week. I did not ask why it took so long, just happy that it seems to be enroute. Now......... the problem seems to be, can I get ahold of my estranged TA.

Thanks for your help guys (and gals). This cruise site always seems to come through for eachother.

First........Did you pay by credit Card?? If not, your first mistake.

I do not like to take payments in cash. If you paid in cash NCL sends the money back to the agency because they paid with an agency check. NCL could not have applied your payment to another booking.

If you paid by credit card it will be applied to your credit card as a refund.

Why cannot you go to the agency:confused: There is an office in her home.....she/he should be able to receive clients.

I need more info to continue with this.

Hypothetically........if you paid by cash perhaps your "agent" has poor cash flow and is using your money. This is not legal.

Like I said.........I need more info.

Scapino,

I am so sorry you have had this mess and it sounds like that is exactly what it is. I think Seahorse explained it pretty well. I would sit down with your TA and ask some questions because the story you are getting makes very little sense. It is true the line will not deal with you: thier is "the booking belongs to the agent" For an agent to claim it is out of her hands sounds a bit strange. Have you been around when she has been on the phone with NCL? Did she just talk to them or did she write to them, giving you a copy of everything she had done? Again, not knowing the entire story it is a little hard to judge, but there is a problem and I do not think you created it. I will ask the same question Seahorse asked, did you pay by CC, cash or check? If it wasn't CC please do pay with one next time. PLEASE!! BTW, I work out of my home as well, but do have an office and an extra place for clients to sit. I also always return phone calls and if meeting at my home isn't convenient I am more than willing to find a cute little coffee shop, etc to meet and talk to my clients. Have you ever met this person? NMNIta

Archived