Vista Suite "silly" question....

chloemonkey

We are booked on two Riviera cruises over the next 3 months in Vista suites......and one of the reasons that I chose the Vista over the Owner's Suite was due to there being a television over the outside jacuzzi.....I know.......silly, right?  But I also have no need for a baby grand piano!  "Been there done that!"......

But in looking at youtube videos in anticipation of our first Riviera cruise...I do NOT see this television on the balcony/outside deck space.  Anyone with recent experience care to chime in as to whether or not I can expect to relax in my personal jacuzzi AND enjoy watching television at the same time?  Thanks to you all in advance.....we are very excited to be trying Oceania for the first time!

We haven't been there recently but on Marina (Riviera's twin) there was always a TV over the outside jacuzzi.  Plus speakers to let you hear what is going on, although we never used either one.

I find it hard to believe that these would have been removed.

We were most recently in the aft OC suites ... and they have the same features.  FOr a bit less ... although your view going into a port is backwards, as opposed to the Vista's forward view ...

But then when you are leaving a port...

Mura

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mura said:

We haven't been there recently but on Marina (Riviera's twin) there was always a TV over the outside jacuzzi.  Plus speakers to let you hear what is going on, although we never used either one.

I find it hard to believe that these would have been removed.

We were most recently in the aft OC suites ... and they have the same features.  FOr a bit less ... although your view going into a port is backwards, as opposed to the Vista's forward view ...

But then when you are leaving a port...

Mura

Thanks so much for your response!  That makes me feel more reassured that the silly tv WILL be there! Isn't it strange how different things mean different things to us all?  Guess that is what makes the world an interesting and special place!  We are also looking forward to the food on Oceania....as we remember the "old" days of table side prepared pasta dishes each night prepared by the head waiters, Ceasar salad prepared table side as well.....and then the cherries jubilees, bananas foster....., HOMEMADE daily ice cream flavors....many of the things that have disappeared from most major cruise lines.  We have also tried a few larger ships over the past few years...and look forward to the manageable and "just right" size if the Riviera.  AGain, many thanks for your reply and to all of you "experts" on this board!

15 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

Thanks so much for your response!  That makes me feel more reassured that the silly tv WILL be there! Isn't it strange how different things mean different things to us all?  Guess that is what makes the world an interesting and special place!  We are also looking forward to the food on Oceania....as we remember the "old" days of table side prepared pasta dishes each night prepared by the head waiters, Ceasar salad prepared table side as well.....and then the cherries jubilees, bananas foster....., HOMEMADE daily ice cream flavors....many of the things that have disappeared from most major cruise lines.  We have also tried a few larger ships over the past few years...and look forward to the manageable and "just right" size if the Riviera.  AGain, many thanks for your reply and to all of you "experts" on this board!

As to sitting in your Jacuzzi..... while underway.  have you considered the wind?????? like 30 mph+ anytime the ship is moving.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

As to sitting in your Jacuzzi..... while underway.  have you considered the wind?????? like 30 mph+ anytime the ship is moving.

We have had many suites that faced forward and are well aware of the wind issue.  But we also have visited many of the ports on the first of the three that we currently have booked in the Vista Suite....so may very well stay on board in a couple of ports and enjoy those amenities .  We also have enjoyed the large front facing decks on board other suites when returning from shore/beach excursions up to and including sailaway....but you are right.....shortly after sailaway....it is time to return to the indoors!

I was in Vista Suite 12001 on the Riviera in the Caribbean this past December.  There was no TV outside by the spa.  It didn't matter because there wasn't much so watch on TV anyway.   Also, there was no wind, except for a short time one afternoon.  We loved the Vista Suite!

I am beginning to think that the televisions may have been removed....as when I did a youtube search - they appear in the videos taken in 2013 but not those more recently as in 2019.....oh well - it still looks like an amazing stateroom and looking forward to a change in cruise lines....as we have been in a NCL "rut" due to CAS discounts.  And it is time to pay more to get more....

14 hours ago, Paulchili said:

FWIW, the Oceania Suites have TVs on the balcony jacuzzi and are very nice.

What those TVs have to offer is a different story 😃

Well Paul you do remember those rooms have a media library with much more choice than the rest of the ship? Of course it doesn't really help you with a decent news channel. Left or right, choose your side. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Of course it doesn't really help you with a decent news channel. Left or right, choose your side. 

That sentence, in my opinion, capsulizes the greatest problem in our Society today.

News, by definition, should not have a viewpoint.

• Like 2

I just got off the Marina on Monday.  I was in 9001. 

The TV was there - however, I did not use it so I can't confirm its functional status 😀.

There was only one day where I couldn't use the balcony because of wind, but this restriction was the same for every cabin on the ship with a balcony.  I was outside throughout the journey - while at sea or in port. 

The vista suites are amazing.  Enjoy every second on that balcony! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StanandJim said:

News, by definition, should not have a viewpoint.

Absolutely 100% correct!  I thought I was the only one who felt that way.  Most news shows/outlets seem to be opinion shows AND ONLY THE 'NEWS READER's' OPINION COUNTS.  Sad times, I must say.  Perhaps send them all back to journalism school -- oh, that won't work because that is where they learned their trade anyway!

When I was in school a news article was supposed to include who, what, when, where and why - no mention of opinion.

Donna

Edited by GeorgesGal

On 2/27/2020 at 1:10 PM, delee78 said:

I just got off the Marina on Monday.  I was in 9001. 

The TV was there - however, I did not use it so I can't confirm its functional status 😀.

There was only one day where I couldn't use the balcony because of wind, but this restriction was the same for every cabin on the ship with a balcony.  I was outside throughout the journey - while at sea or in port. 

The vista suites are amazing.  Enjoy every second on that balcony! 

+1

Thank heaven that they are not for everyone, but we love them!

231442.jpg

• Thanks 1