Which Shore Excursions are Best?

Collett2010

We will be on the Norwegian Dawn March 22 going to Costa Maya, Harvest Caye Belize, Roatan Honduras and Cozumel.  We were thinking of doing the Mayan ruins in Costa Maya, hanging out at the port in Harvest Caye, either the Big French Key or Turquoise Beach in Roatan and the Island Discovery & Chocolate tour in Cozumel. Has anyone done these tours? Any tips? Are these good choices?

At the moment Harvest Caye is having to be tendered.  That does cause some delay in getting on shore.  So if I did a tour there, I think I would make it an NCL tour.  You would get some priority with the tenders.   Or....maybe they will be able to dock again by then.  The pier was damaged and repairs are in progress.  IN Costa Maya if you decide against the Mayan ruins, if you want one of the most relaxed and nice little small rustic all inclusive beach days, check out Maya Chan.   However, reservations are definitely required.  May be booked up already.  Look at them on Tripadvisor.  

And if a port stop is my first visit there, I do like to do things like the Island Tour.  It usually give me a good idea of what to do when or if I come back again......and cruising usually is a repeat event.   

Edited by roger001
  • Like 1

i think the ruins at tulum in conzumel are an absolute MUST!!! havent been to roatan bay in a few years, but was not overly impressed, there wasnt a great deal to sse or do. same with belize unless you like snorkeling. i did enjoy theriver cruise though