Looking for a full day activity on when we dock in Miami on April 3.2020

nursiesheri

On Regent 3/24-4/3 Explorer. Our flight out of Fort Lauderdale is at 4:55p. Looking for an excursion with transport and luggage storage. Probably need to be dropped off at 3 at Fort Lauderdale for this flight. Any suggestions out there. Not adverse to a big bus tour or a private tour. 

The Regent "tour" is more than likely for those flying from MIA - the OP is flying from FLL which is about a 45 mns drive north from the cruise port (depending on I95 traffic).

Nursiesheri - how about renting a car and driving yourself?  The car would effectively become your "luggage storage" and you could drive a little south and visit Vizcaya in Coconut Grove (former estate of John Deering) and then have lunch in Coconut Grove which is a lot of fun or go to Coral Gables for the Fairchild Gardens which are incredibly lovely and where there is a nice on-site restaurant too.   Then go to FLL from there.

We have visited both of these when staying in Miami Beach and really enjoyed them, especially the Fairchild gardens.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I was going to say, think about renting your own car.  Then you can pick out exactly what you want to do with your time, and drop off at the airport.  What kind of excursion are you expecting?

2 minutes ago, taxare said:

there are tons of things to do, perhaps tell us what you like to do. There are many art museums, as noted above botanical gardens, river walks, art deco, etc. 

We have luggage and are leaving from ft lauderdale. Ship docks at 7 in Miami I don’t want  any a drop off Charge. I know what’s in he area thanks but it is a 8. hour layover. A private car tour was s what we are looking for.  If you have not done this then why are you commenting? 

7 hours ago, nursiesheri said:

We have luggage and are leaving from ft lauderdale. Ship docks at 7 in Miami I don’t want  any a drop off Charge. I know what’s in he area thanks but it is a 8. hour layover. A private car tour was s what we are looking for.  If you have not done this then why are you commenting? 

Because I know the area, but know nothing about private tours. BTW, no drop-off charges in Florida.

Oh, and don't count on getting off the ship at 7am.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer