Egg Drop 🥚☂ on an Oasis Class ship 🤔

John&LaLa

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Generally held on lots of cruises, not just repos. On Rhapsody now, seven day Caribbean, and the egg drop is tomorrow.  I’ve seen it several times on ships that have a centrum. Watched it in November on the brilliance Caribbean sailing.  

I normally don’t seek it out, but i’ve happened upon it several times. It is entertaining to watch everyone’s creativity

m

Kool. Must be getting more Popular as offered on more sailings. Do only B2B to B4B and in past was on the Repo leg... Now if Royal Ships only bring the Skeet Shooting and Golfing off back the ship. Miss those days...

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, The sea calls my name said:

Are there any limitations on what materials can be used? Do you bring your pwn, or craft it from supplies given to you?

It's supposed to be a recycling event. So everything should come from the ship.  I did use yarn scraps from Laura, and bought some foil in the Azores. But I could have gotten foil on the ship if I had asked. 

They pretty much just gave us the instructions, but I'm sure someone will correct me there as well. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Kool. Must be getting more Popular as offered on more sailings. Do only B2B to B4B and in past was on the Repo leg... Now if Royal Ships only bring the Skeet Shooting and Golfing off back the ship. Miss those days...

No idea how they can make it work on a 5 day cruise. It took several days to design and build

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's supposed to be a recycling event. So everything should come from the ship.  I did use yarn scraps from Laura, and bought some foil in the Azores. But I could have gotten foil on the ship if I had asked. 

They pretty much just gave us the instructions, but I'm sure someone will correct me there as well. 😉

Yea, and we used paper cups and a bag that we recycled from the shops.  Had to use my own dental floss, though, lol....

Now that the ships are transitioning to paper bags, that puts a wrench into the original plan.  I see that as making it more fun to think about a solution, though.

• Like 1