Fear of the virus (?)

Shippy

5 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Apologies - trying to get a handle on what is fact.

Another post that serves to confuse the issue (from our Roll Call)

Gibbsey
  • Cool Cruiser
  •  
  • December 25, 2013
  •  
  • 60 posts

REGENT HAVE JUST CONFIRMED TO ME WE CAN CANCELL CRUISE UP TO 48 HOURS BEFORE AND RECEIVE A FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT! mY WIFE IS 67 AND HAS copd USES AN INHALER TWICE A DAY, BUT ALSO DOES ZUMBA YOGA AND PLAYS TENNIS ! i'M REALLY UP TO STILL GO BUT SHE IS NERVOUS. ANY THOUGHTS?

•  

Can't resist posting one more (and I just had a margarita with dinner:-)

So those of you on the upcoming Splendor cruise can see that Regent has just announced that they will allow cancellations up to 48 hours before departure with a full 100% credit for a future cruise. My wife and I are on the cruise leaving from San Diego. We've been dealing with the stress of the situation and I'm wondering what others are thinking of doing?

I say go but follow all recommendations.  No NCL cruise has had a problem including all Regent ships.  They know how to keep the ship clean.  If a crew member showed any sign of illness they would not let them on the ship.  Same for passengers.  If someone shows signs of a respiratory illness they are relegated to their suite.  Take precautions when you go ashore, but don’t stop living your life.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 6:36 PM, Pacemaker 2016 said:

My balance for cruise in July is due,been e-mailing p&o to ask if ships  are still docking in Italy but can't get a straight answer, nor sure what to do.

Has anyone cancelled their cruise on Britannia july 4th?

40 minutes ago, Pacemaker 2016 said:

Has anyone cancelled their cruise on Britannia july 4th?

I think you've posted this on the wrong board? Regent doesn't have a ship called Britannia.  P&O does but asking for advice here will not help as posters here will not be familiar with P&O policies in this case. Suggest you ask on the P&O board and ask CC to remove this post.

I think DJT just answered my original question - dedicated cruisers will cancel when they believe they can’t get back home - Unclear what will happen if you try to fly back through London when originating in Europe - what a mess!