Himself is on the Koningsdam

Himself

Just now, HAL4NOW said:

Congregational led services can be hit or miss, but what are you bringing to contribute?

Surely, your experience may be different from mine, but all of the congregational led services have been "misses".  

"What are you bringing to contribute?"  In your opinion, what ought I bring for such a worship service?  I will also have some currency in my pocket to place into the offering box.  That "box" has disappeared during my recent on board church services.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Surely, your experience may be different from mine, but all of the congregational led services have been "misses".  

"What are you bringing to contribute?"  In your opinion, what ought I bring for such a worship service?  I will also have some currency in my pocket to place into the offering box.  That "box" has disappeared during my recent on board church services.

If everyone brought a song or hymn or a spiritual song and some words of encouragement, it would suffice. Some Scripture reading, prayer, and a short message from a congregant is also nice.

22 hours ago, Petronillus said:

May the Lord bring to fulfillment the good work begun in you!

On our last two cruises we had Father Eloi (from Puerto Vallarta by way of Prince Edward Island) and Father Tamiru (from Atlanta by way of Ethiopia), both of whom are good and holy shepherds who leave a lasting imprint. I continue to hope that HAL appreciates how much good will it garners from its association with the Apostleship of the Sea. I always give the chaplain a favorable mention in my post-cruise evaluations/satisfaction surveys.

Tell Fr. Milota and Ron Yerkis I said hello.

Good morning from Aruba where the temperature is  77 and the Humidity is 78. We had over 200  at Mass la the room which hosts the Lincoln Center Music and the BB King All Stars Will be ding a sub Marine dive in an hour.

Reporting from the Koningsdam.

• Like 1

I survived the dive in the Submarine.  It was great.  We left Aruba at 5:00 PM as I was offering Mass with 60 other cruisers. We had 30 last night at the Crew Mass..  We are now heading northwest through the Caribbean Sea.  Our next stop will be Ft. Lauderdale.  We had forty at 8:00 AM Mass awhile ago. At breakfast someone complained we have had no rain one this cruise.  Why complain?  I thought it was great.  I will write more later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Glad you survived the submarine dive.  Hope you saw a lot of interesting creatures under the water.

I sure did. !  Wewent down about 127 feet and saw many beautiful fish and a sunken ship.I have done it before and would do it again.  I will be back in Aruba in October on the Eurodam as she makes her way from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale.

• Like 2

As I write these lines the Koningsdam  is going North East at 14 knots as we are going between Haiti and Cuba.  We have come along way but still have a long way to go. I think that when we get out of this channel we will go in a Northwesterly direction and should reach  Ft. Lauderdale and be docked by 7:00 AM on Wednesday.  O Fiddlesticks.  The cruise will be over.  I will write tomorrow.  Tonight is ther last Gala Night.

1 hour ago, Himself said:

I sure did. !  Wewent down about 127 feet and saw many beautiful fish and a sunken ship.I have done it before and would do it again.  I will be back in Aruba in October on the Eurodam as she makes her way from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale.

I have not done the submarine tour in Aruba, but have done it in other ports.  Always well pleased with the entire experience!

During one tour, we had to re-surface after submerging because there was a leak in the hatch and the crew had to re-seal it.  That was rather "different".  Still felt perfectly safe and enjoyed the tour.

….I am now back in Naperville after  being on the Koningsdam for 10 days.  I am getting to like this size ship a little more but I still vavor the Signature Class ships. all in all it was a great cruise and I had a nice two days in Florida before retuning home.  If you have any questions I will be glad to answer them. 

• Like 1

Was on this cruise as well - I now realize I bumped into you walking outside the promenade deck when we were still waiting to leave Port Everglades.

Was a great cruise and the weather couldn't have been better for the trip!