We Are Back!!

kakalina

:D Just back from the South Pacific Explorer, 30 days on the Amsterdam. What a marvelous trip. I can't wait to write a review. We saw the most amazing places, met the most wonderful people ( fellow CC'ers included) and had the most fantastic time. The islands of French Polynesia were so much prettier than even the postcards can show. The colors are truly unbeliveable. The water must have had 6 shades of blue and the green of the mountains and valleys..... if James Michener couldn't find the right description, I certainly can't.

JudyAl, Rita, Bert and Tigger...So many other CC'ers were there. They are great folks and we made some new friends for sure.

Death-defying Rita mentions sky diving :eek: and gets part of the activity staff and half the cast to go with her! Good thing there wasn't any trouble, they would have had to cancel all the activities and shows :rolleyes: ! I plan to write a review soon, but wanted to let our friends know we are back and planning another cruise soon.

Where's the deck steward with my drink???:confused:

Trisha

Death-defying Rita mentions sky diving :eek: and gets part of the activity staff and half the cast to go with her! Good thing there wasn't any trouble, they would have had to cancel all the activities and shows

LOL ... I betcha if there had been trouble on anyone's dive ... i.e., someone hurt ... I'd have been labeled a troublemaker and tossed into the brig for sure. :)

I think it is so ironic that Remy had a wonderful skydive ... and a great experience ... only to wind up on crutches about a week later due to a "dancing accident." :( I know he was having his knee checked out at a hospital in San Diego once we docked ... and I sure hope everything turned out okay. Shame he won't be able to join the folks for their return visit to Skydive Hawaii on this current cruise ... but then, hey ... neither will I. :(

Glad to be home ... but am already really missing all you wonderful folks.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I will anxiously been awaiting your review, as I am booked on this cruise for 2007. It sounds like you really loved it....Join us in 2007!!!!!! If there is anyone really considering this itinerary the time to book is NOW. I booked last month, and I know someone who booked in December I believe, and the prices had already gone up! Also, Rita, who also just got back mentioned that as of Mar last year 60% of the ship was full. I do not believe this is an itinerary where the prices will drop. HAL only does this particular itinerary one time per year.

Trisha, hurry back, and tell us more :).

Marie

Hi Trish: Glad you and Virgil had a great time on that long, long cruise. Can't wait to hear all about it.

We met on the Veendam in October out of Tampa (Sally/Home Lines Lady). Was just wondering if you two will be joining us on the Amsterdam 10/17/06 out of NYC -- back from Ft. Lauderdale. it's 13 days.

I will anxiously been awaiting your review, as I am booked on this cruise for 2007. It sounds like you really loved it....Join us in 2007!!!!!! If there is anyone really considering this itinerary the time to book is NOW. I booked last month, and I know someone who booked in December I believe, and the prices had already gone up! Also, Rita, who also just got back mentioned that as of Mar last year 60% of the ship was full. I do not believe this is an itinerary where the prices will drop. HAL only does this particular itinerary one time per year.

Trisha, hurry back, and tell us more :).

Marie

Grumble, grumble.........wish I was going......:cool:

Archived