Semi-Live Review Independence of the Seas March 7th-12th. It's my 40th Birthday!!!

manders175

Amanda, thank you so much for keeping us all updated on your trip. To be honest, I feel like I am on board with you. To me, all these pics bring back the memories of my very first cruise I took with my wife 7 years ago. It was just as wonderful. Well, maybe prices were a little lower and the ship was not as tidy and cozy but in general it was all the same cruise in the ocean.Back then we didnt have cameras on our phones, we only had a super expensive video camera with a cassete which we cant even watch today. Its so wonderful that people can share their experience in one click

• Like 1

Happy 40th Birthday!   What a great review, but my absolute favorite thing about it is how absolutely positive you are about everything.   Your optimistic attitude is so refreshing to me....you enjoy and appreciate everything.   Your pictures and descriptions are wonderful, but your outlook is truly the best part!    

• Like 1

Today is our last day at sea. The worst day ever! Lol. We are back in Ft Lauderdale tomorrow. This morning we spent a few hours by the pool this morning. The winds have died down significantly and the rocking is virtually gone. 

We decided to head back up to the sports court which is found on deck 13 aft. The Flow Rider was in full motion, as well as the water slides, sky pad, and rock wall. All of these options are complimentary but some require you to sign waivers to participate. 

20200311_103854.jpg

20200311_105448.jpg

20200311_110011.jpg

20200311_105912.jpg

We only ate at the main dining room twice this cruise. We love the experience just wanted to go a little more relaxed this cruise. Here are some pictures of the gorgeous dining room found on decks 3, 4, and 5 aft. 

20200311_141451.jpg

20200307_110646.jpg

20200307_110634.jpg

We went to the Farewell Show, which was a comedian, Steve Wilson, followed by the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers singing a farewell number, and at the end are joined by different staff members from waiters to stateroom attendants.  Very nice show! 

20200311_184048.jpg

20200311_191240.jpg

20200311_194734.jpg

The Silent Disco tonight on the Promenade was great! If you get the chance, do it! Basically you get a set of headphones, where you can switch between 2 different songs, and just dance! 

If you really want to have fun, just take off your headphones and listen to people just randomly singing and dancing. It's great! 

20200311_210429.jpg

20200311_210640.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the worst part of the last day...getting luggage tags and where to go to disembark. 

If you've never sailed before, you have the option to carry off your own luggage and leave early, or have your luggage out by 11pm, and you will pick it up in the morning when your leaving group is called at the dock.

If you are putting your luggage out the night before just remember to keep your clothes for the last day and shower supplies with you in your carry-on!

On a positive note, we finally ran into this guy right here! He is the infamous piano player in the elevator guy. We never found him in an elevator but outside the Windjammer on the last night! 

20200311_152149.jpg

20200311_152455.jpg

20200311_203500.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We did the self assist debark off the ship this morning. We are one of those crazy people who book flights before noon. Our flight leaves at 10:01am out of FLL airport.

According to the sheet given to us previously posted with leaving times, there were 3 self assist times based on what deck your stateroom was on. No one was checking that, so if you need to get off first just show up to the 1st group area. 

We arrived to the main dining room at 6:55 am, and only 10 people were in front of us. By the time they started letting us off the line was wrapped completely around the dining room. 

Here's how times went for us:

7:43 started debark process

7:56 through customs and at taxi stand

8:08 entered the delta luggage check in counter

8:25 through security check point.

You guys, YOU CAN FLY OUT BEFORE NOON! 😉 If you need to fly early, just get to self assist as early as you can. 

Thank you to everyone who followed along, sent birthday wishes, or commented on this post. We had a fabulous time! 

20200311_124833.jpg

Edited by manders175
Forgot to add airport